Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If not too late take what u can off the car that u added. If u didn't put extra insurance coverage on them they have no right to them despite what you say. They will always lowball you, show them comps and show pics of the excellent condition. They will come up. It can go to arbitration if you don't agree and they don't want that, so BE FIRM. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Geico Undervaluing My Car w/Upgrades?

I didn't take the time to read all of the above, but this has been covered many times and a few by me. I settled with geico 2 years ago for my 2003 with 135k. They offered 5400 at first and final settlement was 10,600. Feel free to pm me for details on what I did. Don't get ripped off by those snakes.

Edit: I will dig around and see if I can find the paper work from the settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    I didn't take the time to read all of the above, but this has been covered many times and a few by me. I settled with geico 2 years ago for my 2003 with 135k. They offered 5400 at first and final settlement was 10,600. Feel free to pm me for details on what I did. Don't get ripped off by those snakes.

Edit: I will dig around and see if I can find the paper work from the settlement.

This. Find comparable cars, be firm. You don't have to take their first offer.

Thanks guys, I was starting to feel helpless but now I feel like I can say a bit more, because that lady was kinda buff and she seemed pretty disinterested in anything I had to say, not in a rude way but just like, that ol' "Ya buddy, everyone tries this and everyone fails...." voice.

Although at the end of the day, its easy for me to just take that strut again, but I am hoping someone here can tell me if they refuse to raise the evaluation, how do I know if it worth it to get a guy, to get me some right sized tires, then haul them over to Brahman, then switch them out there, and then get those tires back to my place. I dont know anyone with an SUV big enough to do all this, let alone its a pretty big hassle. If someone tells me these wheels are worth over $2k, clearly it is, but.....
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Thanks guys, I was starting to feel helpless but now I feel like I can say a bit more, because that lady was kinda buff and she seemed pretty disinterested in anything I had to say, not in a rude way but just like, that ol' "Ya buddy, everyone tries this and everyone fails...." voice.

Although at the end of the day, its easy for me to just take that strut again, but I am hoping someone here can tell me if they refuse to raise the evaluation, how do I know if it worth it to get a guy, to get me some right sized tires, then haul them over to Brahman, then switch them out there, and then get those tires back to my place. I dont know anyone with an SUV big enough to do all this, let alone its a pretty big hassle. If someone tells me these wheels are worth over $2k, clearly it is, but.....
    It seems to me like you're not sure whether all this is worth the time or hassle. If you have doubts about whether it's worth it, then don't bother. I say that because then you'll have to deal with selling those parts, which is more time and effort. Wheels are a PITA to ship, for example, and chances are they're gonna end up getting shipped to a buyer.

For me personally, it would be absolutely worth grabbing as many parts as I can since my car is practically worthless (having over 267k on it), so I'd make up the difference between a regular ZHP's cost versus mine just by grabbing all the parts and selling them off. But, I'd be willing to take the time to do all that since the amount I'm talking about is a few grand. If all you're worried about is a strut bar and a set of wheels, I don't think that would really be worth the time unless you do it yourself, since those are SUPER EASY to take care of yourself. Having someone do that for you will probably eat into the little profits you'd make on just those parts.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1

One thing you could do is to see if there are any mafia members (or friends) who would be interested in swapping their wheels for your BBS and get the strut bar from your car for a few $. It may take an hour or two of your time but at least you don't have to worry about selling the parts.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It seems to me like you're not sure whether all this is worth the time or hassle. If you have doubts about whether it's worth it, then don't bother. I say that because then you'll have to deal with selling those parts, which is more time and effort. Wheels are a PITA to ship, for example, and chances are they're gonna end up getting shipped to a buyer.

For me personally, it would be absolutely worth grabbing as many parts as I can since my car is practically worthless (having over 267k on it), so I'd make up the difference between a regular ZHP's cost versus mine just by grabbing all the parts and selling them off. But, I'd be willing to take the time to do all that since the amount I'm talking about is a few grand. If all you're worried about is a strut bar and a set of wheels, I don't think that would really be worth the time unless you do it yourself, since those are SUPER EASY to take care of yourself. Having someone do that for you will probably eat into the little profits you'd make on just those parts.
    Yes right on... my mechanic said he'll be willing to swap the wheels, he's pretty cheap for remedial jobs like this and he knows a tire guy as well. But ya selling I wouldnt ship, no way, ya too much cost and PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    +1

One thing you could do is to see if there are any mafia members (or friends) who would be interested in swapping their wheels for your BBS and get the strut bar from your car for a few $. It may take an hour or two of your time but at least you don't have to worry about selling the parts.
    Great, did it, thanks!

Out of curiosity, how much would any of you pay me for these wheels, I just want a reality check. Give me a range if needed, treads are good, no damage whatsoever.
    Hankook Ventus V12

as holden (edit: and william) mentioned above, don't take their first offer. they will ALWAYS lowball you - they are a business, and businesses like to make money. you can refuse their offer. provide examples of similar cars and what they sold for. this is perhaps 30-45min of legwork - worth it.
    Last edited by slater; 05-02-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    as holden mentioned above, don't take their first offer. they will ALWAYS lowball you - they are a business, and businesses like to make money. you can refuse their offer. provide examples of similar cars and what they sold for. this is perhaps 30-45min of legwork - worth it.
    Even if KBB and Edmunds rated it about $4k? (it was $5k when I checked both Sports AND Premium package but someone told me this model doesnt have Premium so....)

Where else should I go where I can get a $7k eval?
    Hankook Ventus V12

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Even if KBB and Edmunds rated it about $4k? (it was $5k when I checked both Sports AND Premium package but someone told me this model doesnt have Premium so....)

Where else should I go where I can get a $7k eval?
    yes, the ZHP package isn't the 'sports' package. it's different, and low-production enough that it doesn't show up in systems/guides like that (as for the 'premium' package, i don't think 2003's got that?).

there are a bazillion ZHPs listed for sale right here on this website. check the 'cars for sale' forum for comparable cars and their asking prices:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...vehicles-only)
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast