Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    KBB does have a Performance Package option for valuation, but unfortunately it doesn't really increase the valuation much on the site.
    Unfortunately, this is what they try to stick to...

Your best bet will be to find similar ZHPs in mileage, options, and location, then compare their pricing to your car and show them those listings. Even better, would be to get data on what people actually paid for their cars in April/May 2017 with that kind of mileage.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

My mom crashed her minivan a few years back and the insurance declared it totaled, and similarly valued it low. My dad just took the payout, bought it back from insurance at a steal of a price, and fixed it up. Ended up making money off the deal

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yes, the ZHP package isn't the 'sports' package. it's different, and low-production enough that it doesn't show up in systems/guides like that (as for the 'premium' package, i don't think 2003's got that?).

there are a bazillion ZHPs listed for sale right here on this website. check the 'cars for sale' forum for comparable cars and their asking prices:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...vehicles-only)
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    KBB does have a Performance Package option for valuation, but unfortunately it doesn't really increase the valuation much on the site.
    Unfortunately, this is what they try to stick to...

Your best bet will be to find similar ZHPs in mileage, options, and location, then compare their pricing to your car and show them those listings. Even better, would be to get data on what people actually paid for their cars in April/May 2017 with that kind of mileage.
    Ya so I sent her a list of 10 cars being sold, 7 of them ZHP's but none in the South FL area so the lady wont take ANY of those prices, FML. Not sure what else to do here, I mean there are no ZHP's being sold down here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hickatew View Post
    My mom crashed her minivan a few years back and the insurance declared it totaled, and similarly valued it low. My dad just took the payout, bought it back from insurance at a steal of a price, and fixed it up. Ended up making money off the deal
    How do you go through the process of buying back from your own insurance company, seems like they would not allow that. Which part of the Geico would you call and ask for? I wouldn't mind buying it back and putting a younger engine in there and then start again, still love the car.

IF THIS HELPS, SOME PARTS FROM THE EVAL PDF:

VIN WBAEV53453KM05053
    Year 2003
    Make BMW
    Model 3 Series
    Trim 330i
    Body Style RWD
    Body Type Sedan
    Engine -
    Cylinders 6
    Displacement 3.0L
    Fuel Type Gasoline
    Carburation EFI
    Transmission 6 Speed Transmission
    Curb Weight 3285 lbs

VEHICLE ALLOWANCES
    Package 1: Performance + 312
    Odometer 141,380 + 200
    Options
    Home Link Reported + 22
    Heated Seats Reported + 87
    Hands Free Reported + 43
    Xenon Headlamps Reported + 25
    Aftermarket Film Tint Reported + 22
    Rear Spoiler Package 1 + 65

VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
    Package 1: Performance
    Odometer 141,380

(Doesn't this seem like they did take into account the ZHP? I don't think there is another version of a 6-speed 330i, is there? And it seems the "Performance Package" = ZHP as opposed to a sports or premium package)
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I agree, looks like GEICO knows this is a ZHP car.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Ya so I sent her a list of 10 cars being sold, 7 of them ZHP's but none in the South FL area so the lady wont take ANY of those prices, FML. Not sure what else to do here, I mean there are no ZHP's being sold down here right now.

How do you go through the process of buying back from your own insurance company, seems like they would not allow that. Which part of the Geico would you call and ask for? I wouldn't mind buying it back and putting a younger engine in there and then start again, still love the car.

IF THIS HELPS, SOME PARTS FROM THE EVAL PDF:

VIN WBAEV53453KM05053
    Year 2003
    Make BMW
    Model 3 Series
    Trim 330i
    Body Style RWD
    Body Type Sedan
    Engine -
    Cylinders 6
    Displacement 3.0L
    Fuel Type Gasoline
    Carburation EFI
    Curb Weight 3285 lbs

VEHICLE ALLOWANCES
    Package 1: Performance + 312
    Odometer 141,380 + 200
    Options
    Home Link Reported + 22
    Heated Seats Reported + 87
    Hands Free Reported + 43
    Xenon Headlamps Reported + 25
    Aftermarket Film Tint Reported + 22
    Rear Spoiler Package 1 + 65

VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
    Package 1: Performance
    Odometer 141,380

(Doesn't this seem like they did take into account the ZHP? I don't think there is another version of a 6-speed 330i, is there? And it seems the "Performance Package" = ZHP as opposed to a sports or premium package)

Yes there was just a 330i and 330ci that had 6 speeds with M54 as well but they werent ZHPs.

the bottom line is that this is a game of chess unfortunately. Adjusters know that, they deal with thousands of people just like you. It is their job to pay you as LITTLE as possible, they even have goals and spiffs to help encourage that. its the business.

they also are very good at playing hardball, they know YOU need money, they know YOU are the one that needs them more than they need you right now. the adjuster believes they have the deck stacked in their favor. They wil play this back and forth as long as you can but you DONT have to accept their offer. if you have a rental, they usually estimate you will only hold out as long as the rental lasts and as soon as you have to start coming out of pocket for anything they know usually you will just accept and move on. its all their strategy.

right now they are using fair market value on NORMAL cars.. auto trader, KBB, black book value blue book value and they run it through their systems to generate an average MEAN on the lowest side possible.

You as a consumer need to figure out whats it worth to you to get what you want. time is also money and they know that too.

The one thing you need to say and stick by is "can YOU get a replacement that is CLOSE or EXACTLY like yours with the money they are giving you" if they are coming at a low number,m then you need to ask the adjuster to give you THEIR sources for where that number is coming from and tell them "look ive looked at this list and none of the cars on here match my car in terms of condition (pre accident), mileage, options, color combo etc... (aftermarket just give up on you arent going to win that battle)"

if you are able replace your car with something on the list they are giving you at a comparable level then you are going to have a hard time fighting them period.

it sucks as a consumer that you pay an insurance premium for coverage only to still have to fight and work for whats deserved but that is how its always been and it is not going anywhere ever.

either take the payout if you feel the money can get you a comparable replacement.. OR say no and hold out and continue to research YOU fair market value...

Craigslist locally, surrounding states, websites like Bring a trailer that show what cars SOLD for etc... collect your ammo and hold out. they DO have to settle but they i know they have the money to hold out much longer than you do.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Yes there was just a 330i and 330ci that had 6 speeds with M54 as well but they werent ZHPs.

the bottom line is that this is a game of chess unfortunately. Adjusters know that, they deal with thousands of people just like you. It is their job to pay you as LITTLE as possible, they even have goals and spiffs to help encourage that. its the business.

they also are very good at playing hardball, they know YOU need money, they know YOU are the one that needs them more than they need you right now. the adjuster believes they have the deck stacked in their favor. They wil play this back and forth as long as you can but you DONT have to accept their offer. if you have a rental, they usually estimate you will only hold out as long as the rental lasts and as soon as you have to start coming out of pocket for anything they know usually you will just accept and move on. its all their strategy.

right now they are using fair market value on NORMAL cars.. auto trader, KBB, black book value blue book value and they run it through their systems to generate an average MEAN on the lowest side possible.

The one thing you need to say and stick by is "can YOU get a replacement that is CLOSE or EXACTLY like yours with the money they are giving you" if they are coming at a low number,m then you need to ask the adjuster to give you THEIR sources for where that number is coming from and tell them "look ive looked at this list and none of the cars on here match my car in terms of condition (pre accident), mileage, options, color combo etc... (aftermarket just give up on you arent going to win that battle)"

if you are able replace your car with something on the list they are giving you at a comparable level then you are going to have a hard time fighting them period.

it sucks as a consumer that you pay an insurance premium for coverage only to still have to fight and work for whats deserved but that is how its always been and it is not going anywhere ever.

either take the payout if you feel the money can get you a comparable replacement.. OR say no and hold out and continue to research YOU fair market value...

Craigslist locally, surrounding states, websites like Bring a trailer that show what cars SOLD for etc... collect your ammo and hold out. they DO have to settle but they i know they have the money to hold out much longer than you do.
    Thanks, this all sounds way all too right as of now, SOB pricks... Liberty Mutual seems to be playing ads that say they will always give you FULL value of your car, but then again who knows they may do the same when the time comes.

Anyways, the three examples they are comparing mine to seem like crap. So I am not sure of that process... what do I say?

"These 3 cars are not what mine is, so please provide at least one other car that IS like mine (by.... deadline? Do they even get held to a deadline?)"

And yes, what IF they say ok, and take forever, not only because they want to rip me off, but because the ZHP IS a rare car per location, since they wont look outside South FL. The "extended" my rental until Monday, so it was 6 days for rental, which is still ludicrous given I need to buy another car.

I dont mind arguing but yea, its like, time IS against me only, and this is a bad time for cash right now unfortunately, so I am almost shuddering at the fact that might need to use one of my auction guys and just get a regular 2004 330i or whatever for now and maybe do this again later when I get back into the $$$.

Sigh.
    Hankook Ventus V12

04 Sedan in Jupiter 157k Miles $4500.00
    https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/6073173462.html

05 Coupe one owner in Coral Springs 69k miles $7200.00, Nice looking car
    https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/6098564318.html

Quote Originally Posted by WALSTIB View Post
    04 Sedan in Jupiter 157k Miles $4500.00
    https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/6073173462.html
    Ya I saw this one couple days ago, he didnt reply to my email so ima try to call him. What do you think? Not sure why its listed as an auto-trans but the steering wheel looks like a ZHP part. I cant see the tach.

Ya it is, just way over budget right now for me unfortunately.

Thanks for looking out. I hope that silver one pans out, would make my life a lot easier.
    Last edited by Dathaeus; 05-05-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Does anyone know of am online service/directory that lists cars sold for additional ammo for me? They are refusing to consider ANY car out of state, and we all know we dont have ZHP's being sold left and right, so...
    Hankook Ventus V12

Doesn't our affiliate sell from Florida? Maybe they could help?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast