Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    850 GLT baby! Headlight wipers came as part of the winter package, along with the wimpiest heated seats of all time.
    Didn't know you were a previous tank owner.

There was a small coolant leak from where the upper rad hose meets the expansion tank so I thought I would go to my indy with the parts and get him to replace those. When I had bought the car from the used car dealer, they had replaced the expansion tank but I didn't trust which brand they had used so I thought I would also throw in a new expansion tank as PM.

Turns out my water pump was also leaking. All this even though I had performed a full cooling system refresh back in 2014 when I bought the car.

So ended up replacing the following:

1) BEHR Expansion tank
    2) Auto tranny thermostat
    3) Upper radiator hose
    4) Graf water pump
    5) BMW coolant 50/50 mix

The expansion tank that came out was in proper working condition and was also a BEHR. Also, the auto-tranny thermostat did not disintegrate (like it usually does) when it was taken out. So I decided to preserve these parts "just in case".

Oh also got an oil change. Car sits at 199,800 KMs.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Was the water pump leaking because of a bad o-ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Was the water pump leaking because of a bad o-ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think so. The bearings seemed to be ok and there was no play whatsoever. I had originally installed the GEBA branded water pump, fyi.
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

cool!

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Interesting; you and I are within 100km on the odometer.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    There was a small coolant leak from where the upper rad hose meets the expansion tank so I thought I would go to my indy with the parts and get him to replace those. When I had bought the car from the used car dealer, they had replaced the expansion tank but I didn't trust which brand they had used so I thought I would also throw in a new expansion tank as PM.

Turns out my water pump was also leaking. All this even though I had performed a full cooling system refresh back in 2014 when I bought the car.
    Wow, that didn't last long.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Interesting; you and I are within 100km on the odometer.
    I drive 100 KMs every day for work...I will be far ahead of you in just a few days. That and also in terms of rust on my underbody given how much salt the city throws on the roads for even a nanometer of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    Wow, that didn't last long.
    Tell me about it! In both the cases (water pump leak and upper rad hose->exp tank leak) I am 99% sure its due to the failing o-rings. The water pump and the upper rad hose were in proper functioning state otherwise.

PSA - If you are under your car for an oil change or anything else, look for coolant residue (the white stuff) on your crankshaft pulley. Slow waterpump leaks are not so visible from the top end of the car.
    anandoc

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I drive 100 KMs every day for work...I will be far ahead of you in just a few days.
    Especially since my car is boxed into the garage thanks to my brother being in the country for holidays. It hasn’t moved since Friday, and I miss driving it
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Autozone.com
    201,000 KMs.

Switched out the AFe intake for the stock airbox for the winters. Also replaced the stock air filter with a MANN filter.
    anandoc

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast