Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Was your water pump weeping out the vent or around the perimeter? The shaft seal is what usually fails... I'd be very surprised if it was leaking at the o-ring that seals it against the block.... I'm on my 3rd water pump as well, My second was a Bosch with a metal impeller.... the bearings failed. That one only lasted about 40k. The one I'm running now is OEM.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I believe it was the o-ring. Looking at the water pump (once it was removed) that was my mechanic's (a trusted fellow) conclusion. The bearings etc and the impeller was perfecting fine.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

hmmm... good to know
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I believe it was the o-ring. Looking at the water pump (once it was removed) that was my mechanic's (a trusted fellow) conclusion. The bearings etc and the impeller was perfecting fine.
    hmmm, that is kind of weird. did you/they notice it was kinked/pinched at all upon removal? it would kind of weird for that o-ring to just go bad on a car that gets used regularly.... in my opinion, anyway.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    hmmm, that is kind of weird. did you/they notice it was kinked/pinched at all upon removal? it would kind of weird for that o-ring to just go bad on a car that gets used regularly.... in my opinion, anyway.
    No idea man. And I didnt care to bring it home for post-mortem either. Maybe I should have.
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

No idea man. And I didnt care to bring it home for post-mortem either. Maybe I should have.
    no biggie.... it's -27ºC out, the car is fixed.... enjoy life!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

no biggie.... it's -27ºC out, the car is fixed.... enjoy life!
    We did a Ottawa trip (1000+ KMs) after the fix and I have kept an eye on the coolant level. So far, so good.

Toronto people are freaking out about this cold spell. This was quite normal for me in Ottawa so I am just laughing at them

Hope you and your family are staying warm and enjoying the holidays
    anandoc

We did a Ottawa trip (1000+ KMs) after the fix and I have kept an eye on the coolant level. So far, so good.

Toronto people are freaking out about this cold spell. This was quite normal for me in Ottawa so I am just laughing at them

Hope you and your family are staying warm and enjoying the holidays
    yep, 1000KM and no leaks sounds good.

thanks man, we did, and yes it is SO cold out! -27ºC this morning, wind chill of -36ºC. -17ºC out now and the X3 wouldn't start this afternoon - i think the battery is toast (it's a 2-year old motomaster i had lying around).... time to get a new BMW battery, i think.... it's on the charger now.

how warm is your parking garage that you park in?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Autozone.com
    time to get a new BMW battery, i think
    Call Maranello and check their prices on the battery. I called around all dealerships in the GTA to check for prices on oil/filter etc. Their's was the best plus 20% Maxbimmer discount.

how warm is your parking garage that you park in?
    Quite warm. When I start the car, the instrument gauge shows me around 10C...regardless of what it is like outside.
    anandoc

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910