Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT/ 37k miles $21,500

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 330ci ZHP found on Craigslist Philadelphia with 37k miles. The car is Sparkling Graphite Metallic over alcantara with a 6MT. Does not have premium package or cold weather package.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6114784175.html
    Last edited by Kicker35; 05-04-2017 at 09:53 AM.

$21k???

I'm not one bit surprised in the price.

Not sure any ZHP is worth that but if someone's willing to pay it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    Not sure any ZHP is worth that but if someone's willing to pay it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree for the most part. The price is inflated by the low mileage and I'd wager they'll only become more inflated with time. I do think it all depends on the buyer and how they determine value. $20k+ for an 11+ year old car doesn't seem like very good value on the face of it. There are other cars that are newer, faster, more fuel efficient, safer, more utilitarian, more reliable, etc. and those facts turn a lot of people away because those other cars are a better fit for their needs. But for the small group of people who appreciates spirited driving and/or wants a great daily driver, there aren't that many other options in the price range that do those things as well as the ZHP. I know I'm forgetting some, but E46 M3s come to mind (although their prices are rising I think), older Audi S4s, E90 335i, VW GTI (if FWD doesn't bother you), etc.

My father is a good example of this. He used to drive an E39 540i 6MT. He drove it since new from 1998 until late 2015. He loved that car, and I have fond memories of it. As the family shrunk and he and my mom became the only ones driving in it most of the time, he began thinking about downsizing to something else. He already had a fun weekend car, but he wanted a different daily driver. I told him to drive my ZHP a few times and see what he thought. After a few days behind the wheel his reaction was "find me a low mileage one I can keep for a long time and I'll go for that." While I was looking for a ZHP that ticked all the right boxes, he test drove a few cars including an E46 M3 but nothing else on the market provided him the right balance of fun and daily driving comfort that my car did. I should be up front, he's never been all that big on horsepower, he prefers the old British idea of sports car that is lighter and more fun in the corners, and part of why he thought the M3's power was unnecessary for his needs. A few months later I found him a fully loaded '06 coupe w/ less than 30k miles. After some back and forth he bought it and he hasn't regretted his decision since (although it was much cheaper than the car OP posted). He admits he misses the low end "lazy" torque of the M62 from the 540i, but otherwise he likes the improved handling from the smaller size and the reduced weight. It's a car I have a feeling he will hold onto for 10+ years (he's already 1.5 years in). The other added benefit is that he and I can work on it, saving money overall.

To keep a silly, long-winded and opinionated statement short, cars are different things to different folks. The prices may be inflated for low mileage ZHPs, but all it takes is one person to believe that price is worth their money and that's what that car is worth objectively.

Hmm. Being flipped, yet very few pics, which is ludicrous when you're asking TOP dollar for a car.

If the story is true and it is as pure as the few pics seem to represent, I don't think it's an outlandish price. Supply & demand - how many sub-40k mile ZHPs are still out there? And what else exactly can you buy for that same asking price? A mid-level Jetta?

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I should be up front, he's never been all that big on horsepower, he prefers the old British idea of sports car that is lighter and more fun in the corners, and part of why he thought the M3's power was unnecessary for his needs.
    I like him already

2005 ZHP + ZPP + NAV =

I mean...that is a friggin awesome car.

And William, your dad sounds awesome. I feel the same way about the ZHP having the right amount of power and comfort. I don't get the urge for an M3 either.

I LOVE the non-M E46... it works for me on so many levels and is just the ultimate solution for my needs and tastes... still, yesterday I watched a review of an E46 M3 and the drivers could not keep the shit-eating grins off their faces when stomping on it. If I had a bunch more money, I think the calculus might be different. Interestingly, both test drivers thought the steering feel of the ZHP was superior (small win).