Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So Costco has ordered the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in stock staggered size for me. They took the old tires off for me already (the car is on jack stands in my driveway) so I can drop the wheels off at the paint shop on Monday. The guy said he should have wheels done in about a week, and Costco said the tires should be delivered in about a week, so hopefully it comes together nicely. Just have to see what color I want on Monday now.

So what do you guys think about those ECS stud kit? Worth the money? And then I can get black nuts and everything will look nice and new.

If you take off wheels frequently or just like the looks, yes. If not, you can pass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    You can get good M stickers on ebay. Staggered wheels promote understeer, you don't need that. Plus, you get a bit more rotation ability with square. For sensors, you don't need to replace anything.

Yeah I think I will go thru and take some time on ebay and get new center caps and M stickers from some chinese knock off place. OEM is just not worth the dollars! LOL

I have read so many things back and forth on square vs staggered. I like the rotation aspect, but I also heard/read you get a lot more tramlining with square. Handling with the stock setup is supposed to be a tad better for daily spirited driving as well. But again everyone has their opinions.

At this point I am just going to stick with staggered and maybe in a couple years when I get bored with the color change, I'll switch to new wheels completely.

I'm very indecisive, and if I think on this any longer I will bag the whole idea. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    If you take off wheels frequently or just like the looks, yes. If not, you can pass.

Thanks John, I do like the black nuts compared to the silver lug bolts I have now, especially going to a darker wheel color.

Do I get the regular size ones, or get the ones that are longer for wheel spacers? I don't really know why people use wheels spacers and haven't researched that yet. But is there a reason I might want spacers down the road?

Having had wheel spacers, I can't imagine it without them. Simple upgrade and yet the car looks so much aggressive. I would highly recommend them!

First pic without spacers and the second one with.

More details and pics in my old build thread - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...293#post516293

YW. Longer studs for spacers. Spacers are essentially for looks, especially if you are lowered. Some would say a wider wheel base is better but that's not really what spacers are about. Some would say with spacers you are adding a potential issue but really unless under constant extreme driving, they shouldn't change anything other than looks.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If you do buy wheels spacers, they usually come with longer studs.

Found some pictures that might help you. These are Black Chrome powder coated wheels according to the owner.

Older thread about stock wheel color change:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-color-change

Maybe combine these 2 threads together?

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    If you do buy wheels spacers, they usually come with longer studs.

Found some pictures that might help you. These are Black Chrome powder coated wheels according to the owner.

Older thread about stock wheel color change:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-color-change

Maybe combine these 2 threads together?
    Yup thats what I am looking for, something in that range, not too dark, but darker than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Having had wheel spacers, I can't imagine it without them. Simple upgrade and yet the car looks so much aggressive. I would highly recommend them!

First pic without spacers and the second one with.

More details and pics in my old build thread - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...293#post516293
    I see now, I guess I never knew really. In your thread you said you would have gone bigger, but did you ever?

They seem like a lot of money for a small plate of steel, but I guess if they come with studs, that $120 i would have spent could go towards spacers now.

So it seems the consensus is 10mm front and 12.5mm rear? Does it matter what brand?

Thanks so much! (oh and thanks for making me want a new exhaust now as well after hearing yours in your thread!! LOL)

With the ZHP you can always find a way to spend money! Corsa exhaust and M3 seats are also a must.

Never went bigger, unfortunately I had to sell the car, but I did want to try 15 mm in the back.

704sw went 12.5 mm front and 15 mm rear on his Estoril blue coupe. - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...969#post517969

Just stay clear from cheap, no name chinese spacers. I went with Precision European Motorwerks spacers.
    Build quality seemed solid and price was all right. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-12mm-5x1...item4185573cb9

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast