Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    With the ZHP you can always find a way to spend money! Corsa exhaust and M3 seats are also a must.

Never went bigger, unfortunately I had to sell the car, but I did want to try 15 mm in the back.

704sw went 12.5 mm front and 15 mm rear on his Estoril blue coupe. - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...969#post517969

Just stay clear from cheap, no name chinese spacers. I went with Precision European Motorwerks spacers.
    Build quality seemed solid and price was all right. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-12mm-5x1...item4185573cb9
    Thanks for the link, those look nice and for the price I was going to pay for new studs I can get spacers with new black wheel bolts. WIN WIN!!

I had my original 135s on my white '05 convertible redone in a Subraru WRX gunmetal grey. They looked really nice when clean, and just a little matte when covered in brake dust. There are probably some pics of my car in previous posts.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I love the 135's too - despite the fact that they're so damn heavy, and difficult to clean. I solved the latter problem by switching to Akebono brake pads early on - they stay clean as a whistle now.
    Mine are staying clean since I changed pads, but I found that an easy way to clean them is using a cheap, small foam paint brush between the spokes.
    Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

15mm spacers in the rear will rub without a fender roll!

I experimented with 10mm and 15mm spacers front and rear and found that 12.5mm on both would be just about perfect.

Good to know. That's with stock wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Good to know. That's with stock wheels?
    Yep. 15mm in front looked pretty good, so you could pull that off if you wanted to, but 12.5mm is probably the max for the rear without rubbing and would also look the best on the front IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Adolfo View Post
    Mine are staying clean since I changed pads, but I found that an easy way to clean them is using a cheap, small foam paint brush between the spokes.
    Hmm, never thought of that. I use a MF towel for cleaning spokes instead of a sponge. I just feed it between the 135 spokes and basically floss. It helps get the back of the spokes too.

Wheel woolies or Daytona Speedmaster for the barrels.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yep. 15mm in front looked pretty good, so you could pull that off if you wanted to, but 12.5mm is probably the max for the rear without rubbing and would also look the best on the front IMO.
    That's good to know since I didn't order the spacers yet. I have YCW coilovers coming, but I highly doubt I will go much lower than where stock sits. I like how stock sits, and I don't want to be worrying about scraping on everything by being too low on ride height. I mean maybe 1/4inch lower.

New Michelin PSS's in stock size as well going on after i get the wheels back from powdercoating.

Do you think 12mm (they don't look to have 12.5mm) all around would be OK if I was just a little lower than stock ride height?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    That's good to know since I didn't order the spacers yet. I have YCW coilovers coming, but I highly doubt I will go much lower than where stock sits. I like how stock sits, and I don't want to be worrying about scraping on everything by being too low on ride height. I mean maybe 1/4inch lower.

New Michelin PSS's in stock size as well going on after i get the wheels back from powdercoating.

Do you think 12mm (they don't look to have 12.5mm) all around would be OK if I was just a little lower than stock ride height?
    I think that'll be perfect. The 10-12mm spacers on BMWs are a bit odd fitting due to the depth of the hub lip, so it's easy to get the seating off a bit. Just be sure to take your time with tightening the lugs. Go in a star pattern and move in small waves. Hand tight, a little tighter, a little more, then full torque.

OK guys I just dropped the wheels off, and picked a color called P5 Glimmer made by Tiger powder.

Here's the chart

They had the Kingsport Grey as well, but I didn't like how dark it got in the shadows/evening. (looks awesome in direct sun) The P5 Glimmer seemed to hold its shade of color a little better and wasn't as dark overall. I was really torn between the gunmetal, P14, and the P5.

I'm hoping the P5 glimmer is the right choice. LOL

What do you guys think?

Oh my car is identical to ecrabb in this thread I think post 82 shows his car with Kingsport grey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast