Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Got the Michelin's mounted and everything bolted up. The 12mm spacers fit really nice except on the right rear, I had to tap it on a bit. (not the spacer fault, I think there was a metal burr on the hub) I only drove it a little but the rears do rub over big dips in the roads. (both my rear shocks are blown, so maybe once I get the coilovers back from YCW it will be better) If not I guess I'll have to go with 10mm in the rear?? All honesty I could have lived with 10mm all around.

Name:  IMG_20170519_160850 - web.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  178.4 KB

A bit dark in the shadows but I think it will grow on me.

Name:  IMG_20170519_162830 - web.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  202.1 KB

Close up, they did a great job on the powdercoat I think! Anyone know what the red dot is? It's the only tire that has it.

Name:  IMG_20170519_160816 - web.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  153.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Anyone know what the red dot is? It's the only tire that has it.
    Sniper. Duck!

So I haven't got an alignment done yet, but am loving the new tires. The rear rubbing is worrying me though. The YCW coilovers have been redone and are on their way back to the USA. So in a couple weeks i can get those back on and get the full alignment. I'm not planning on going super low on the ride hieght, i want a nice ride quality.

Do you guys think the 12mm spacers in the rear will work out once i get the alignment and the coilover installed? (my rear shocks are completely shot right now)

I'm wondering how some people install 12mm and have no problems, and I am rubbing. Could it be the brand new Michelin's as they have so much tread being new?

Oh and to update on anyone else looking for the parts I got:

ebay M stickers, they all seem to be too big for our wheels, or maybe mine got some extra powdercoat and reduced the size, but I had to trim the stickers I got off ebay. Up close, like nose in the sticker, you can tell they are cut, but from distance looks fine.

ebay center caps, look great to me and fit well, I couldn't see paying 15 a piece for OEM ones.

The spacers were of good build quality and the extended wheel bolts are included (and the price is great). Hopefully if I have to go to 10mm in the rear, they will exchange them for me.

This is what I have been told (could be BS, but my tires balanced out with minimal weights). The red dot is the heaviest point on the tire. it should be lined up (or as close as possible) to the valve stem (lightest point on the rim due to the hole). This is to aid in the the balancing of the wheel/tire package. Can anyone corroborate this? Inquiring minds need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by RBW View Post
    This is what I have been told (could be BS, but my tires balanced out with minimal weights). The red dot is the heaviest point on the tire. it should be lined up (or as close as possible) to the valve stem (lightest point on the rim due to the hole). This is to aid in the the balancing of the wheel/tire package. Can anyone corroborate this? Inquiring minds need to know!
    You know I heard that too but then a buddy said he heard it doesn't matter. LOL

Well I am getting a slight shake in the steering wheel when I get to about 55 MPH. So I am probably taking them back to Costco to redo the balance and I will ask them if they can move that red dot to the valve just in case.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345