Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

"Special" Rear View Mirror

Hey guys, my car is at the dealer from the insurance so I cant take a photo, but I heard my rear view mirror is a "really nice" one. Ya, you like that description huh?

Well I wanna strip what I can from it since they are "junking" it. So let me describe the best I can and since it seems pretty easy removing a mirror, I will do it if I know exactly its capabilities. This is what I know.

• It has no night toggle, it dims bright headlights at night "automatically"
    • There is a built in digital compass right in the lower right corner of the mirror itself, floating on it
    • There is red bulb-like thing, about 1 inch in diameter, under the mirror, assuming it is like an infra-red emitter?
    • There are about 4 black buttons next to the red bulb, all along the underside of the mirror

Not sure what else I can tell you about it... is it some type of programmable mirror that you can program your garage remote or other electronics etc? I tell you though that compass is really handy, I use it all the time.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

That sounds like someone retrofitted an E9x mirror to your car. I have one in mine. Worth about $140+ on eBay.

The red light on the bottom is just to show the current status of the alarm system i.e. blinking the alarm is armed. The buttons on the left side are the HomeLink buttons which act as programmable garage door openers.

agreed with above assessment.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That sounds like someone retrofitted an E9x mirror to your car. I have one in mine. Worth about $140+ on eBay.

The red light on the bottom is just to show the current status of the alarm system i.e. blinking the alarm is armed. The buttons on the left side are the HomeLink buttons which act as programmable garage door openers.
    Awesome thanks... not sure when I will have a garage, not any time soon LOL, but I guess its no big deal then, hmmm.... well I guess if I can get a new car soon, I can swap it out, might as well, although I seen an ad for a video recorder rear view mirrors that seems tempting esp with all the bad drivers around here, might serve me well to start recording crap around me while I drive. Might be more useful than a compass.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]