Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
Welcome. Any updates on the ZHP ?
Fredo, working on procuring some parts for the ZHP. Installation and build thread are coming.
First the good:
1) I was able to pass the WSP regardless of a massive fuel leak which is only apparent after I shut the car off. (Maybe a return line returned it's last?) Taking suggestions on what that could be.
2) Got rear and front wheels and tires. Indy 500 Firehawks at Firestone look to be a rebranded version of the Bridgestone RE003 tire for far less money.

The bad:
1) Massive fuel leak.
2) Alignment is shot. Looks like the car was in a front end collision before the rear collision totalled it.

After alignment I got my first batch of bad news. The best alignment I was able to get yielded the following:
Driver's Front
Camber: -1.0° (spec 0.0° to -0.7°)
Caster: 4.6° (spec 5.9° to 4.9°)

Passenger Rear
Camber: -1.7° (spec -1.8° to -1.3°)
Toe: -1.59° (spec 0.18° to 0.08°)

So I ordered up some cheap adjustable suspension and camber arms to mend that. I just hope it doesn't drive like a banana. My thinking is, if I lower the car in the front I'll get more positive camber (adjustable top plates help). If I tighten up the camber control arms (CCA) in the rear I'll get more positive camber. So I got myself +/- 3° CCAs to help dial in the geometry after I lower the car. The mounting point for the CCAs is at the rear of the wheel hub assembly, by dialing in more camber, I should be able to adjust the toe to spec.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk