Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    So was that bumper bolt the main part in rub? How can I test to see if it is the bolt? I guess I can put painters tape around it and drive it til it rubs.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I took off the bumper clip as well. I was running style 135s with 20mm spacer in the front and 15mm in the rear. I had rolled the fender A LOT couldn't get rid of the rub till I got rid of the clip. Sorry dont have pics.

Is the tire actually rubbing on the clip or the bolt up top that holds the clip to the inside fender?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

The clip sticks out further than the bolt.

Ahh ok....I'll just lift the car again today and remove the clip. I shaved the bolt so it was flush with the nut. Is it ok to just take the clip off and put the nut back on without completely shaving off the bolt? I guess I can just take away one thing at a time until there's no more rubbing.

Damn I really wanted to run 10mm on my rear but if I can barely run 265/30/19's at ET45.....then going ET35 would be out of the question...
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Mine still has the nut there. I just shaved the bolt down so it was flush with the nut. Some guys completely shave it off. I haven't gone that far yet.

So I still rub with the nut shaved down and the bumper clips removed. What do you think it's hitting? It only rubs upon hard strong dips or dips when I'm accelerating from 1st gear at WOT. Cornering hard doesn't seem to rub with me in the car anymore. It may with another passenger.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Hard to say. Clean everything under there really good then go out and drive enough to get it to rub a bunch. Drive home, take it all apart again and see if you can tell where it's hitting from the rub marks.

I just cleaned my car and used tire dressing for the 1st time on this rubber. It was looking kinda dull and had an orange tint to it. Now it's shiny and black. I'll be sure to see where the shiny has been scraped or rubbed off...haha. Dammit I want no rubbing with a full load and hard cornering....I want it back to when I had 255's!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Can't beat the look that you have on there now though.....looks amazing with it flush like that!
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast