Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Well, I’ve been out with COVID (2nd time in a month and two weeks) since last Friday. I was supposed to have work done on the truck Wednesday but had to postpone because my Indy and his wife are hella preggers and we all jointly didn’t want to risk anything.

Dropping my truck off with him Monday to have a 2 inch toytec lift installed. After that, on Thursday next week it’ll go to the dealer to have the updated newer style TRDP 4runner wheels installed along with 285/70 tires and a proper alignment.

I installed the headunit myself after Christmas so I’ll throw pics up of everything once it’s all done.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Well, better late than never for the pics I promised to post but never did of the lift and new wheel/tires.

Spent about 7-8 hours today reapplying protectant to the underside of the truck. I did fluidfilm maybe 4 years ago and its held up very well. I noticed there was some very very light surface rust starting to show on the fronts of the lower front control arms. Decided it was time to exhaust myself redoing this. First I sprayed all the suspension and frame components in purple power and washed it off. After drying, I took rustoleum and did minor touch up to various areas that again, had superficial rust areas. Once THAT dried, then the fluidfilm was replied to as much of the underside of the truck as I could reach.

Cleaned up, gave the truck a wash and called it a day. Glad this is finally done and hopefully good for another 2-3 years.

(front ramps, rear wheel chocks, and ebrake used to keep her from killing me)

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Awesome to see another ZHP/4runner combo! I have a 2010 Trail Edition as my weekender/pup hauler. The guy I purchased my ZHP from also had a 4th gen as well.

I’m pretty sure there’s a few guys on here with T4Rs. I had a white 2000, black 2002 sport (anchor of this thread originally), and then transitioned to the pro after my brother sold his supercharged 3rd Gen sport and got a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I’m pretty sure there’s a few guys on here with T4Rs. I had a white 2000, black 2002 sport (anchor of this thread originally), and then transitioned to the pro after my brother sold his supercharged 3rd Gen sport and got a pro.
    My 2022 ORP XSeries will be a year old this month. Just flipped 15K returning from the Cincy area yesterday.

I started toy, with a new 88 4x4 PU that gave me 8 years of great service. My Son has a 87 that’s seriously deeeeep into RockCrawler stage. He was 4 years old in 88. I think I may have influenced him.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Idk if I could get into a serious "rock crawling" hobby. But it would be nice to maybe get into some moderate hill climbing (i.e. be able to go up/around/down mountains) and still keep the aesthetic integrity of the truck lol.

Lots of props to guys that do that type of offroading though (I have a buddy who has been into that for years out in the Denver area), definitely takes some skill, balls, and a high level of don't give a shit sometimes.

Wrong build thread lol
    Last edited by BADCLOWN; 04-17-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Noticed a few weeks ago my front OEM rubber splash guards were completely missing. They are known for being notoriously thin and get ripped off or damaged. I found some heavy duty rubber replacements made by Radrubber on yotamafia and placed an order.

Installed them yesterday with new plastic clips. Touched up some front suspension areas with Fluidfilm as well

I love fluid film, but god the smell....

Quote Originally Posted by S2Ace View Post
    I love fluid film, but god the smell....
    My wife sold her Clubman S and got a 2023 Rav4 Adventure recently. Luckily, the underside of that car has tons of paneling that covers most of the front all the way back to the rear diff. I sprayed Fluidfilm into the suspension components in the front and did the entire rear underside.

She can’t stand the smell lol. I told her I was doing it and she said “do you have to” haha. Definitely a strong odor

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast