Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Havent updated this thread in a while:

Finally did my first oil change on the TRDP last week. Prior to that, it was dealer maintained. Bought an OE filter kit, 7qts of Mobil1 0W20 synthetic, a large filter socket, and a brand new OE METAL oil filter house. The plastic ones tend to strip out/crack easily. Overall, the oil change took a little while as it was my first time but everything went well.

I removed the raptor lights out of the grill last year and installed an huge light bar behind the front bumper along with utilizing an OEM looking button on the inside. Light bar comes in handy as compared to the aesthetic look of just the raptor lights.

Finally, I had my long time friend and owner of DreamWraps do a full wrap of my Thule Motion XL cargo box. It turned out really amazing and the pattern really moves when the light hits it. In order for me to use this box because it is so big/long, I had to buy Thule Crossroad footpads with Thule Aeroblade crossbars. This set up sits a few inches (2-3 ish) higher than the factory cross bars and allows clearance of the antenna which was the issue. All the equipment bolts onto the roof in about 10 minutes start to finish.

Im currently at work (sitting in my cruiser working an overtime detail) and our systems administrator has flickr blocked for some reason so I will have to post pictures of all these updates later on.

Truck currently has 35k on it, still chugging along just fine/loving every second of owning it.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Here's the updated pictures (a little late) as previously mentioned above:

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Going to have some winter focus on the hauler this year. I have been waiting for the OE/stock tires to wear out in order to replace and upgrade. My tentative plans are as follows:

- toytec 2 inch lift (shock spacer front lift, spring replacement in rear)
    - SPC adjustable UCAs
    - probably going with KMC canyon wheels 17x8.5 0 offset and 34 inch tires
    - Alpine Halo 9 headunit and the appropriate add ons (USB/HDMI hook up, maestro kit, Sirius radio)

I had a complete replacement 3 inch lift and a diff drop kit from toytec on my previous 4runner that rode very nicely but I did not do aftermarket adjustable UCAs and I ended up having torn axle boots after a period of time. Not wanting to take any chances this time so adjustable UCAs are in order. As far as the HU, I hate the factory nav HU and it’s interface. I want something up to date, with a larger landscape, and Apple car play. The unit doesn’t offer wireless CarPlay which sucks but every time I am in my truck my phone is plugged in charging so it doesn’t bother me much.

Hey Jacob the 4Runner is looking good! Love the color!

We just had our 2015 4Runner Trail at the dealer for a leaking timing chain cover. Apparently this is a known issue on the newer 4Runners. Luckily it was covered under warranty, otherwise it would of been $3000!!

Just got some tinted Raptor Led lights and recently installed a Sprint Booster. My buddy has on his FJ and said it made a Huge difference. Best purchase by far, it woke this thing up!!
    I also purchased the aluminum oil filter cover as I broke the plastic one.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

My brother has a Calvary blue 2018 TRDP 4runner With a sprint booster and he likes it. I have a URD MAF system plugged into my engine that supposedly gives better gas mileage. I’ve seen as much as 20mpg on the highway not carrying anyone or anything which I think is pretty good.

I didn’t know about the timing chain cover situation. How many miles were on yours when you found out it was leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I have a URD MAF system plugged into my engine that supposedly gives better gas mileage. I’ve seen as much as 20mpg on the highway not carrying anyone or anything which I think is pretty good.

I didn’t know about the timing chain cover situation. How many miles were on yours when you found out it was leaking?
    Never heard of the IRD Maf System, interesting. 20 mpg is really good.

Timing cover started leaking at 90,000 miles. I usually do all the car maintenance but this job doesn’t look fun at all. The dealer said it’s 21 hours and they have to remove the entire front end, radiator, AC condenser, unbolt the engine and raise it up to work on the timing cover. No Thanks!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Ah, gotcha, I’ve only got 38k on mine as of recently. Good thing to know moving forward though

been keeping my eye on and researching replacement headunits for the HORRIBLE stock headunits in the 4runners. I have been paying attention to the Alpine Halo9 and checked again today and the price went down a second time in the last few months so I decided to pull the trigger because Crutchfield's website indicated their stock was low and I didn't know how long the lower pricing would last.

I got an HDMI/charging port that replaces the stock USB port below the HVAC. Additionally sprung for the XM attachments which comes with various mail in rebates and 3 months free XM radio. The unit is "free floating" and requires a slightly different radio trim/bezel which the kit comes with. It isn't painted in black like my stock trim but I'll be having my brother's body shop in Louisville paint the trim to match OE trims. The kit also comes with a maestro unit preprogrammed for 4runner that works with the factory harness/steering wheel controls.

Cant wait to get this in (arrives Saturday) and get it installed sometime down the road after the trim is painted. It will be nice to have Apple CarPlay and a larger landscape/more crisp screen in the truck.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500ILX...FRN.html?cc=07

Congrats. First time I see a “floating” unit ... very cool.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I don't recall how I exactly found out about that style of headunit but I ran across it months ago, possibly when I was beginning my search for an aftermarket headunit. There are a lot more companies starting to make this style headunit but at the time, Alpine was the only one making this type of headunit.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast