Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP Dave View Post
    Attachment 33780 see if this works. I had a white '16 that was lifted, but I rolled it off road and it turned into a huge ball of fire.
    Looks Great! How’s it working off road? I have a 2018 TRD OffRoad that I haven’t put to the test yet.

Prior to that I had a 2013 Taco TRD OffRoad that was great in the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Looks Great! How’s it working off road? I have a 2018 TRD OffRoad that I haven’t put to the test yet.

Prior to that I had a 2013 Taco TRD OffRoad that was great in the rough.

With a half decent AT even they'll go pretty much anywhere you would want to take a 40k+ vehicle. They obviously have a list of shortcomings, but overall I love the 5th gen 4Runner. So much so that when I lost the last one I bought another

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP Dave View Post
    With a half decent AT even they'll go pretty much anywhere you would want to take a 40k+ vehicle. They obviously have a list of shortcomings, but overall I love the 5th gen 4Runner. So much so that when I lost the last one I bought another
    Yeh, I’ve had a few! Started with a 88 PU then the 13 Tacoma now this. With some junk and Bimmers in between. I was a bad influence on my son though!

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Power washed the underside today in preparation for the weekend. I work Tuesday-Sunday every week 10 hr days so my brother was nice enough to agree to haul up his compressor for the holiday weekend from Louisville to apply fluid film to the under side of the truck. As some of you may know, Toyota frames have rust issues. My 2001 did and we did about as much POR-15 as we could to get the max life out of the frame. Same applies here but this applies in like 15-30mins with a spray gun. Should only have to do it once a year, twice might be the best route though. I’ll post some pics once done.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

My brother brought his compressor up from Louisville for the holiday week and sprayed the underside of my truck using Fluid Film. Got everything off of Amazon and split the costs of supplies since he did his truck as well. I couldn't do this work because I work Thurs-Sun from 1100-2100hours and work a ton of off duty details during the holiday season. This took him about 45 mins to do with no lift and just getting under the truck and spraying. I told him to go heavy (as he did on his) just to be on the safe side. We should only have to do this once a year in the late fall but we shall see.

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr

2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Today: oil/filter change. Cabin filter change, tires rotated, fluids topped off

Looks good, I love the third gen 4runners!

How is your fluid film holding up? I did my daily Mazda 3 after I wire brushed off some rust and POR15ed over it. It lasted pretty damn well over the winter (I do 85 miles of highway a day) except for a few spots in the wheel wells where I will be hitting it heavier this year.

Gotta buy the sprayer and try that this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I honestly haven’t gotten under the truck to look. My brother and I plan to do it twice a year though

Update on this thing as well:

the GF got me some OEM LED fog lights for my birthday this month. Installed them this morning and I THINK they got aimed pretty well. Went out to lunch and pulled into a parking spot/turned the truck off. as the GF was opening her door (already had it open a foot or more), a lady pulled into the spot next to us and proceeded to hit the passenger front door with her side mirror. She then continued to pull forward dragging the mirror down the door towards the front. I called the local PD to come out and document an accident report. I think it MAY be able to be buffed out and do some PDR but not 100% on that. Just wanted to error on the side of caution, kinda blows but its fixable. The anal part of me wants to go out to the car and clay bar it right now but I can't touch it until her insurance hopefully comes and looks at it.

Other than that, truck has been running great. With the ZHP nearly modded out (at this point its new wheels ($3k+), a supercharger ($5k+), or a motor swap (I'm guessing $8k+)) my focus is on the truck. I don't want to really lift or put bigger tires on until the currents wear out.

by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr by Jacob G., on Flickr

Added some interior and lighting things to the truck. AJT Design HVAC knobs and an OEM black TRD shifter.

Bought some Overland Depot smoked/amber raptor style lights. These lights were originally designed to power via an add a fuse design in the engine bay or the driver side interior. This allowed them to be lit up 24/7 which I did not want. I bought a generic wiring harness from amazon and modified it to fit my needs with a lot of help from a generous T4R.org forum member. CH4x4 made me a custom "raptor lights" button that has an OE look to it. Now, the lights only light up when the button is pressed inside, its purely aesthetic but may help people see the truck a bit more.

Also ordered some LASfit canbus LED turn signal "bulbs" for the front and rear to help make sure people dont miss me

by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast