Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Supercharger Question

For those that have gone the SC route:
    I'm at 140k on my '04 enthusiast maintained ZHP. Is this too much mileage to consider a SC? What I need to specifically lookout for anything with the engine with that many miles on it? Anything else I should consider?

Not super knowledgeable on this topic but I can echoes what I have heard here in the past.

Subframe.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Thanks. Anyone know if the engine has too many miles to start this process now or is that irrelevant if the car has been maintained properly?

I think rob (sockethead) had the same miles when he installed the supercharger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

My car had 115k when I installed the TS2, it has 128k now. No issues. Pulls strong and I love it.

These are good motors. Do a compression check just to verify you still have good compression across all your cylinders, then I'd say pull the trigger!
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Do you Daily your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Photobucket

As long as there is no snow on the ground, yes. Then I put her to bed during the winter.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

I have 143k on my car and an ESS TS2. No issues at all. If you are thinking about the average kits that are available, they don't really put out enough HP to break anything.
    If you daily drive your car, no worries, it behaves just like a normal car when you want it to. My MPG actually increased significantly after adding the SC.
    The things you need to do to prepare is make sure your engine is well sealed (valve cove gasket oil filter housing gasket, etc.
    you should install a fresh fuel filter since the fuel regular is in it. You fuel pump should be fairly new as well as your belt tensioner and idler pulleys. Same with spark plugs and CCV system ( unless you are going with the ESS twin screw which replaces the whole manifold )
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Sockethead.. you do know the OBD MPG reading is no longer accurate right? The one thing ESS couldn't figure out was how to make it work like stock with the larger injectors. I didn't think it was possible for a belt driven s/c to increase gas mileage. My average went down about 50-100 miles to the tank, depending on how I drive obviously. I get 300 miles now with 50/50 city freeway. 300/16.7 = ~18 mpg now, I used to get 22+ without TS2. Now my OBD gauge THINKS I'm getting 24+ mpg but that is not really the case.

As far as S/C'ing a high mileage car, I put mine on at 89k miles. I now have 134k. No issues related to supercharger except maybe a vacuum leak once. The TS2 is definitely a robust, low maintenance system. I wouldn't even consider going centrifugal or turbo after owning the TS2.

2004 330i ZHP 6MT l ESS TS2 l 18x8.5 ET30 BBS LM's l 3.07 LSD | Ground Control Springs | Koni Yellows | OEM Strut Bar | OEM Nav l OEM Homelink Retrofit | OEM Clears | SprintBooster l Silver Cube l Umnitza A/E's l AL Headlight Retrofit | Muffler Delete | CDV Delete | Hardwired V1 | Lots of PM