Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plenty of dealers in CT with M3s

Have some fun

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    Plenty of dealers in CT with M3s

Have some fun

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    I can't truly "drive" an M3 with a dealer nanny sitting next to me.

Plus, I don't meet the age requirements for their insurance (under 25). And I'm not going to waste an employee's time if I have no intent of buying the car as it's work he's missing out on. Everyone has to make a living.

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Dot, glad you found it informative. If you begin to consider it more and are ever in the area (Orange County, CA) for work, give me a ring and I'll swing by so you can do the test drive. gr330zhp, glad the post was enjoyable.

John, no problem at all on the pics. What sort of shots are you looking for? General engine bay pic? Or rear end? I am currently doing quite a bit of work on the E30 and re-painting the interior. Will maybe start a thread here if Marcus doesn't mind.

Botond, I hear ya. The car will see events here and there when I'm helping out the club (BMWCCA). I do not intend to fully commit it to the track (ie, having extra wheels and tires, competition pads, etc.). I am going to do my best to keep the miles down on it. With that said I promise you there are / will be occasional spirited jaunts where the odometer reading will be just a bit short of the actual distance traveled.. Especially during inclement weather

By the way, Botond. Much respect here regarding your comments on not wanting to test drive a car in order to not waste the salesperson's time. That's a good thing to say. I would also like to add that tossing a dealership car around is the next owner's duty and not ours. I am sure there are some local guys with S54 cars that would be happy to entertain you. Like I offered Dot, if you're ever in the area just give me a ring.

-T

Quote Originally Posted by Dotpage View Post
    if I get an ///M it'll be a Coupe to play with, still need the 4 doors for the kiddos

maybe 1182 is available..
    doooo itttt!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'd love to but I don't know anyone with a S54 that would let me drive it..

Sent from my DROIDX
    You can always drive to Columbus for some autocrossing fun

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Terry, my friend, no worries about starting another thread. Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks Marcus, I will get on it

Botond, not sure if M0nkey was offering but his statement certainly charged my lightbulb.. You're into autocross so just offer to buy somebody dinner or pump some gas in their car in exchange for a run or two.

I love the Coupes and have had some good times in the previous generation M Coupe (with both the S52 and S54 versions). Don't think those cars get enough credit. I feel that the Z3-based Coupes (M or 2.8) are BMW's idea of a motor swap / conversion car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Z3-based coupe originally a side / after-hours project? Engineers putting their heads together to see what sort of menace could be produced off the Z platform without the restrictions of product planners and other conservatives, right? If you tear em' down it's essentially an E30 (or 318ti), but a lot stiffer, with more rubber, and all the trimmings to make it a complete package. Looking at the rear end and trailing arms you see a handful of similarities to the E30 M3 race cars (in terms of gusseting on the arms and at the spindles, etc.).

I realize the current Z4-based coupe is more sophisticated and I look forward to getting under one of those someday. M0nkey, feel free to give us the tour

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Thanks Marcus, I will get on it

Botond, not sure if M0nkey was offering but his statement certainly charged my lightbulb.. You're into autocross so just offer to buy somebody dinner or pump some gas in their car in exchange for a run or two.

I realize the current Z4-based coupe is more sophisticated and I look forward to getting under one of those someday. M0nkey, feel free to give us the tour
    At my autocross chapter. There are a ton E46 M3s that run. I was able to ride-shotgun in a E46M for 6 runs one day, it just worked out that my off-time was when this certain E46M was running. That's how I got fascinated. I was never able to drive one, however.

I'd be interested on the times the Z4M Coupe can put up against the E46M. I'll have to compare my times against the others...There are a couple E46 Ms that run on street tires as well, so i'd be interesting :D

The one reason I love the Zed4M is because it's the last M car before it got overloaded with electronics. No electronic damping, same old steering you see in the E46s. The only difference in the motor is a revised ECU.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    You can always drive to Columbus for some autocrossing fun
    Is that an invitation?

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Is that an invitation?

Sent from my DROIDX
    Yes. If you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Yes. If you really want to.
    As long as it doesn't land on a weekend where I have an event of my own to attend. Problem is, Columbus is farther than the distance to Dane's, and that is already pushing the limits of how far I can drive in a sitting. Which weekend were you thinking?

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast