Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Update: 2 shops have told me they suspect it's the top nut in one or both of the front struts. Unfortunately, getting access to this nut and putting everything back together + the alignment is a pretty large bill to test a theory.

Top nut can be tightened of checked very easily with a strut nut socket. It has an opening so you hold the center of the strut with an Allen wrench and tighten the bolt. Worth purchasing maybe.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Top nut can be tightened of checked very easily with a strut nut socket. It has an opening so you hold the center of the strut with an Allen wrench and tighten the bolt. Worth purchasing maybe.
    Shawty I got what you want I got what you need

Swing by whenever and take it

Amazing! I'll text you Nate - thank you.

Is there anything else that could be loose in there (i.e. in the top of the struts)? It seems like the shop which came up with the confident "top of the strut" noise diagnosis would have been aware of this very easy way to test their theory without hours of work.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Shawty I got what you want I got what you need

Swing by whenever and take it
    Just realized that it's a simple spark plug socket with the rubber core removed. You may already have one?

Just realized that it's a simple spark plug socket with the rubber core removed. You may already have one?

So it's a 13/16?

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So it's a 13/16?

Sent from my S8+
    Yep. It worked when removing my OE struts, but it was too small for the nut on Nick's Bilsteins.

We ended up throwing a 7/8" socket on a 1/8" impact driver and got it to tighten 1/4 turn without the strut spinning. Hopefully that was enough.

Yep. It worked when removing my OE struts, but it was too small for the nut on Nick's Bilsteins.

We ended up throwing a 7/8" socket on a 1/8" impact driver and got it to tighten 1/4 turn without the strut spinning. Hopefully that was enough.
    Yeah. Mine is 7/8" as well.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Noise is gone after tightening up the single nut on the top of the strut! As seen in the pictures above, no need to take out the strut to accomplish this in case others are trying to find a similar noise.

Now I just need to figure out the seat squeak noise.

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    Noise is gone after tightening up the single nut on the top of the strut! As seen in the pictures above, no need to take out the strut to accomplish this in case others are trying to find a similar noise.

Now I just need to figure out the seat squeak noise.
    excellent - love the easy ones.

now, about the squeak... driver's seat, rear left corner?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast