Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I have pm'ed in response to this, but for as long as I owned the zhp after the replacement, everything worked fine. Just fyi.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks again!

I actually got lucky and my indy mechanic got the OEM Pump+Reservoir for cheeeeap.

Nice having it back

Current Ride: '13 R56 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - Ice Blue - Manual

RIP Berenger 7/13/15 189,963k
    '03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

Nice wright up Dave, I found it tonight when googling my power steering problem that started on my way home tonight.

When I made a left turn from a stop sigh it sounded like my tires were rubbing. Heading down the road I made some swerves to the right and left and felt the rubbing so at the first side street I turned off to check for a flat or something I may have picked up off the road. Nothing, nada, everything looked fine. Got home and the noise and vibration was harsh as I backed into the drive. I jacked up the right and then the left and everything was free. Thought that short shield on the front of the inner fender might have flipped up and caused the rubbing so, I went to road test it but, never got out of the garage because the noise was still there.

In looking at a post on Bimmerforms, someone had the same symptoms I have and a new pump, reservoir and lines cured his problem. Now it's just finding the time to do the fix.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Any of you wizards have any ideas or input for my power steering issue on the previous post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brembo Rotor

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Any of you wizards have any ideas or input for my power steering issue on the previous post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When is the last time you refreshed PS fluid?

HTC DNA ON TT4 BETA, WILLIAMSBURG, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    When is the last time you refreshed PS fluid?

Never

Brembo Rotor

Ha! The wizard has spoken. J/K.

Mileage?

Reservoir filter could be clogged, PS pump could be on its way out, etc... As you mentioned. I would try to flush, turkey baster style, to see if you can save it.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My thought on the fluid is, it would of slowly progressed but, this was good one minute and bad the next. Tomorrow I'm going to watch the pulley while someone else moves the wheel and that rubbing noise starts. Looking for a broken shaft, if it broke on an angel it may make a noise like I'm hearing. Note, the noise nearly goes away at high rpms when moving the wheel in place.

Brembo Rotor

Sounds good Guy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123