Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Am I the only one that's jealous of the gorgeous manual seats? God I miss having manual seats. I don't know why...something about feeling them click into place...

...and I pulled my power passenger seat the other day and realized there's about 40lbs of motors underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Am I the only one that's jealous of the gorgeous manual seats? God I miss having manual seats. I don't know why...something about feeling them click into place...

...and I pulled my power passenger seat the other day and realized there's about 40lbs of motors underneath it.
    Our seats weigh a ton for sure. Good way to strip out weight of a car.

The thing that I both like and dislike about power seats is that there are essentially an infinite number of positions. With manual seats you can quickly slot your seat into your known preferred position. With electric seats I have to have a memory setting or else I'll never get it back to the way I want it if someone messed with the seat position. Even then, I still find myself tinkering with my seat position.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

The thing that I both like and dislike about power seats is that there are essentially an infinite number of positions. With manual seats you can quickly slot your seat into your known preferred position. With electric seats I have to have a memory setting or else I'll never get it back to the way I want it if someone messed with the seat position. Even then, I still find myself tinkering with my seat position.
    the black Touring has manual, leather, heated sport seats. the positive feeling of the adjustments is nice for sure, but they actually don't go as low as the M3 power seats, interestingly enough.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

Exactly! I am endlessly adjusting my power seats my 1/8" at a time. It's maddening.

My old sedan had manual seats and adjusting it consisted of "does that feel right? nah...click. yeah, that's the one." and I was freaking done.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    the black Touring has manual, leather, heated sport seats. the positive feeling of the adjustments is nice for sure, but they actually don't go as low as the M3 power seats, interestingly enough.
    If you said manual, alcantara, and heated, I'd be on my way back up 95 for the next 13 hours.

If you said manual, alcantara, and heated, I'd be on my way back up 95 for the next 13 hours.
    oh wait, i didn't tell you i had a set of those too?

...just kidding.

you can always swap manual bases onto the seats. i DO have a set of those "in inventory."
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

LOL, I find it quite amusing that you guys are envious of the manual seats. Most of the time us South Africans curse all the E46's in our market that came in poverty-spec - the only option my car came with besides M-sport pack is sunroof, NOTHING else. Having owned an M3 with power seats, I can't say I mind it one way or another. I was able to get comfortable in both situations, and I'm indifferent to the weight penalty. I did find it amusing though when I got into my old m3 after it was sold and still found my driving position programmed in to the memory seats. EDIT: (I was visiting the owner months after my M3 was sold)
    2004 BMW 330i M-sport 6MT
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123