Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The last set just sold on ebay and couldn't have come at a better time.

I thought that I had killed one of my bulbs last night when I noticed that the left one was totally unresponsive. No parking light, no hazards, nothing. I'm thinking "shit...I played too much with the battery and somehow fried a $50 set of LEDs."

Turns out the bulb had just fallen out of the socket...I could see it laying in the reflector bowl...shiiiiiiiiiit

Spent half an hour attempting to surgically remove that little bastard and said I ain't playin no more games wit yo ass and put a spot of flexible glue on the non-contact sides of the bulb before putting it back in the holder.

It's a secure fit and I don't think that it just fell out from vibrations. Probably unseated it during install and it eventually worked its way all the way out...but still...getting that little shit out of there was awful enough that I didn't want to take any chances...so glue.

This was discussed somwhere else in this forum a few days ago but I can't find it. If I want to reset my LCM for these bulbs rather than disable, what would be a good value. I moved from 25 to 45 and still see flicker.*

*It took literally months for me to be in a situation where I could see the flicker reflect off a car in front of me as I restarted.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    This was discussed somwhere else in this forum a few days ago but I can't find it. If I want to reset my LCM for these bulbs rather than disable, what would be a good value. I moved from 25 to 45 and still see flicker.*

*It took literally months for me to be in a situation where I could see the flicker reflect off a car in front of me as I restarted.
    The flicker at startup is the cold check where the car just runs a small amount of current to the bulb to check for continuity. It'll also do this while you're driving as a hot check. Best thing is to disable the cold/hot checks for those lights.

The PWM value is what you were adjusting, right? I played with that to try to reduce the flicker while running, but it's nearly impossible to see with the human eye so I stopped chasing it and put the values back to stock.

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Thanks for this! Will do
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456