Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Sprint Booster V3 vs PedalBox

Hi there-
    I'm a new ZHP owner ('06ci 6MT, will formally introduce myself and the car once I get some good pics). Anyway, while I like the car very much I'm not super impressed with the way it drives due to throttle lag / delay and the clutch action. First on my list of mods are the CDV delete, and either a Sprint Booster or Pedal Box.

Most of the references I've seen here appear to be for the original, non-adjustable Sprint Booster. Does anyone have any experience with the newer, adjustable Sprint Booster V3? If so, please share your experience. Also, does anyone know how it differs from the Pedal Box, since now are both adjustable?

THANK YOU!

I believe the throttle response can be improved through a tune instead. Similar cost, but you get more power as well.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-Tuning-Thread

Definitely do the CDV delete before anything else, though. I haven't even thought about the throttle lag since I removed the CDV. The car just drives so nice!

I don't have either the Sprint Booster or the Pedal Box but I did notice an improvement in throttle response with my Conforti Shark Injector. Haven't really considered the SB or PB after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I don't have either the Sprint Booster or the Pedal Box but I did notice an improvement in throttle response with my Conforti Shark Injector. Haven't really considered the SB or PB after that.
    same here. conforti + CDV delete = much, MUCH better.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I had the original Sprint Booster V1 (non adjustable) and hated it. It made the throttle way too sensitive. I now have the Sprint Booster V2 (3 modes) and really like it. It gets rid of the throttle lag. The three modes are off, sport and race. I always have it set on the sport mode, race is too sensitive. Sprint Booster V1 was basically like having race mode always on. The new Sprint Booster V3 looks promising, it looks a lot like the PedalBox. It has 36 presets, Valet mode and Pedal lock.

There is a thread on here about the PedalBox.

https://www.sprintbooster.com
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Thanks for the replies so far. I know there is a thread or two or three on here already regarding this topic in general but nothing concerning the V3 Sprint Booster which is the model currently available...I'm not necessarily looking for more HP (though not opposed to it of course), just better throttle response and drivability.
    I'm holding back on getting a tune as I don't want to open Pandora's box and feel like I would then have to get an intake and exhaust etc...

Keep an eye out for the Sprint Booster V2 on eBay or E46Fanactic's. You can get one for $100-$200. I snagged mine on eBay for $80 shipped.

I think the new SBV3 is $350-$400.

http://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?shar...3&share_type=t

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I have three 330's: a 2004 330xiA, a 2005 330xi 6MT (Sport), and a 2004 330i ZHP 6MT. The 330xiA is Sharked and has several standard mods and is pretty jumpy in terms of throttle response (very little pedal required), the ZHP is Sharked with a couple other mods and has excellent (i.e., no lag) but slower throttle response (more pedal required), and the 330xi 6MT is just right. I used to think the Shark Injector was responsible for the hyperactive throttle on my 330xiA until I installed one on my ZHP and detected no noticeable difference. I'm now considering the "Sprint Booster" to adjust the throttle on my ZHP...
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 06-19-2017 at 05:28 PM.