Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Door panel dilema!

I need help! I'm trying to wrap up my stereo install and so far, everything is going well with the exception of refitting the front door panels.
    When I removed them, most of the plastic clips were brittle and consequently broke. I ordered new clips from BMW through ECS, but they don't seem to hold as well as the original clips and they keep falling out of the little holders on the panel. I first tried attaching the panels by pushing (punching) the door panel opposite the plastic clip location, but the panels kept popping out. Then I tried setting the screws located in the arm rests and behind the airbag logo and door handles first, but they still want to pop out when I try to set the clips in place. Is there a general consensus here on exactly how to get the panels from popping out or a recommended method for reinstalling the door panels.

So far I've discovered that the people at BMW really...really love bizarre little plastic connections on everything from electrical connections to trim panels. Getting stuff off is no sweat...getting it back on bites!

I have only done this on my driver door because of a leaking vapor barrier. I took the door card out 3 times. I think I broke maybe one clip.

I align the male parts at the bottom then push. I do the screws last.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I have a coupe that I replaced the interior in but I just basically just pushed in the top portion first, then worked my way around the door making sure the clips were properly aligned before I gave it a good smack and some pressure to pop it into place. You can read through my guide below. I know it's not a sedan, but should help since it has a few pics.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...473#post497473

Be sure to get the clips with the rubber washers to cut down on rattles.

I've taken many a door card off and most go on fine after getting the clips to line up with the holes. I have had one that gave me more problems than the others and I still think there are 1-2 that won't stay put even after me trying to "insist" it stay put...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I have a coupe that I replaced the interior in but I just basically just pushed in the top portion first, then worked my way around the door making sure the clips were properly aligned before I gave it a good smack and some pressure to pop it into place. You can read through my guide below. I know it's not a sedan, but should help since it has a few pics.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...473#post497473
    JEEEEZUS...Curves you're like a surgeon with your projects! Wish I had the patience to document everything as well as you do. I just rip and tear, then spend half my time searching for a missing screw or bolt. Great work amigo!