Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Replaced Battery Now Airbag Light Is On

The battery in my car kept going out so I pulled the plug and bought a new battery today. It is a Bosch Platinum Series AGM Size H7/L4/94R that I got from Pep Boys. I had no problem replacing the battery but when the car started the airbag light was on. I did a search on google and they said this could happen if the battery is disconnected too long. The positive terminal looks fine and I check the airbag wire on the bottom and it looks good too. Any ideas? There was also a strange small plug tucked up under the liner of the batter but this was there before I removed it.

The small plug isn't a concern and was used for shipping.

I find it odd that the airbag light could be connected to the battery issue but suppose it could be.

I've searched on google and there are a lot of post about this happening with Audi, Mercedes, VM, and BMW. Has this happened to anyone else

Not to me. I've had my battery disconnected for a long time before with no discernible electrical issue.

Just ordered a reset tool - hopefully it will clear the code

Now I'm starting to get pissed - I took the car out for a ride today and when I tried to put the top up it wouldn't budge - again it was working fine before the battery swap - I just plugged the batter on the charger and it says it only has 25% of a charge

I remember I went through all kinds of peculiar hell after changing a battery a few months ago. I don't remember more than that (seriously!) ecept aht it was resolved, but the thread is probably searchable.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    Now I'm starting to get pissed - I took the car out for a ride today and when I tried to put the top up it wouldn't budge - again it was working fine before the battery swap - I just plugged the batter on the charger and it says it only has 25% of a charge
    Could it be a bad battery? I don't think I've ever heard of that though. Alternator?

Took the battery back to Pep Boys they tested and it was fine. They gave me a new one and the top still wouldn't work. After 30 minutes of driving the top finally started to work. I know in the past when the battery was low the top would either be slow to move or not move at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I remember I went through all kinds of peculiar hell after changing a battery a few months ago. I don't remember more than that (seriously!) ecept aht it was resolved, but the thread is probably searchable.
    Here you go http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...iled-need-help
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast