Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Yes it's there for me between the "mileage" and the trip meter number, sigh, WTF, I sincerely hope this dealer is just that stupid and didn't know, gonna make me travel 200 miles on a lie. Funny thing is the car overall in no way looks like a 250k mile car, so weird.... I doubt the previous owner would have replaced the seats, steering wheel, shift knob, paint etc etc.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    A common mistake people make is when they replace their light control modules, they tend to just buy used ones and put them in, calling it a day. They need to be coded to match the cluster, otherwise the tamper dot gets thrown. Brand new LCMs just match the cluster, so they don't throw tamper dots. Most likely a used LCM was put in, or the cluster replaced with a used one.

Either way, you would have to hook up PA Soft to the car to see what the mileage and VIN is on both the LCM and cluster. This would tell you which of those two modules is the original one, therefore telling you the (most likely) correct mileage.

Personally, I'd walk away from this car. It has too spotty of a history already, and the SES light doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It's probably just the occupancy sensor as they do tend to fail on some cars, but it still seems like too much headache just to make sure the car is actually legit.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    A common mistake people make is when they replace their light control modules, they tend to just buy used ones and put them in, calling it a day. They need to be coded to match the cluster, otherwise the tamper dot gets thrown. Brand new LCMs just match the cluster, so they don't throw tamper dots. Most likely a used LCM was put in, or the cluster replaced with a used one.

Either way, you would have to hook up PA Soft to the car to see what the mileage and VIN is on both the LCM and cluster. This would tell you which of those two modules is the original one, therefore telling you the (most likely) correct mileage.

Personally, I'd walk away from this car. It has too spotty of a history already, and the SES light doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It's probably just the occupancy sensor as they do tend to fail on some cars, but it still seems like too much headache just to make sure the car is actually legit.
    On top of needing to travel 200 miles for it... SMH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I just looked at the pics and... wow, that steering wheel. It has absolutely no material on it whatsoever; someone must have ripped off all the alcantara and left just the bare underneath. You're looking at buying a new steering wheel if that bothers you. It's not as thick as it should be if you leave it this way.

I don't see the SES light someone else mentioned; that's just the seatbelt light, probably because whoever was sitting there wasn't wearing his/her seatbelt. I do see a deformed front bumper and a broken grille, as well as missing fog light covers, but overall these aren't bad at all considering its price.

I would get PA Soft on that sucker and find out what the real mileage is on it, because it looks like it could very well be a 121k car. It still seems a bit high though if you plan on fixing these things. After these fixes, it would cost you about what an auto ZHP with this kind of mileage would normally cost, only without the tamper dot issue. You might be able to use these things to your negotiating advantage...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I just looked at the pics and... wow, that steering wheel. It has absolutely no material on it whatsoever; someone must have ripped off all the alcantara and left just the bare underneath. You're looking at buying a new steering wheel if that bothers you. It's not as thick as it should be if you leave it this way.

I don't see the SES light someone else mentioned; that's just the seatbelt light, probably because whoever was sitting there wasn't wearing his/her seatbelt. I do see a deformed front bumper and a broken grille, as well as missing fog light covers, but overall these aren't bad at all considering its price.

I would get PA Soft on that sucker and find out what the real mileage is on it, because it looks like it could very well be a 121k car. It still seems a bit high though if you plan on fixing these things. After these fixes, it would cost you about what an auto ZHP with this kind of mileage would normally cost, only without the tamper dot issue. You might be able to use these things to your negotiating advantage...
    LOL good eye on the steering wheel, I just thought that was leather but you are right now that I inspect it, it is thinner. The alcantra was prob spent to s%$t.

Only issue with the negotiating thing is traveling there only to come back with nothing. Their Experian Auto Check shows 271k miles with 5 owners LOL... at least it had no "accidents" but who knows... already moving on, at least from this, too much uncertainty and not close so.... 99% decided to rebuild my 2003 6MT, I think that's the only way I will be happy now. This used car buying process is absolute $#@%&#@$.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I don't see the SES light someone else mentioned; that's just the seatbelt light, probably because whoever was sitting there wasn't wearing his/her seatbelt.
    The Service Engine Soon light is on in this picture:

http://www.carstradecenter.com/files...6f1da59b8d.jpg
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    The Service Engine Soon light is on in this picture:

http://www.carstradecenter.com/files...6f1da59b8d.jpg
    Sorry I originally read that as SRS (airbag), and meant to type SRS in my post...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12