Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    She’s home!

Motor was completely assembled and installed last Friday. Start up yielded what I though was pretty low oil pressure, after warm up it was down around 4psi.

Unfortunately I left out the oil squirters/jets.

So Thursday I spent roughly 2 hrs pulling the motor again. Then about 6 hrs total on Friday tearing back down to the crank and installing the jets and confirming the bearings are ok and reassembling.

Then about 8 hrs on Saturday putting it back in the car.

Once in the car and wired it was a no start. Checked grounds, mounts etc. no luck. Tested the starter solenoid and it was dead. Bought a reman from advance and went for a drive.

A coolant hose clamp failed on the test drive. I had bypassed the throttle body cooling and routed that circuit straight to the head. The connection on the head failed. Fortunately I had another clamp in the trunk, unfortunately it was at operating temp.

Then a cel popped on. P0340, I cleared it and it pops back as pending. Car feels pretty weak throughout the rpms. (Granted I’m keeping below 5k)

Drove to an O’reilly and purchased an aftermarket sensor and changed it in the parking lot. Sheathing just after the connector was gone on the original one.

New sensor in, fault clears and it drives much nicer, can’t wait to hit 500 miles and start driving this like I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, what a roller coaster that was! Glad it worked out in the end.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Dang, what a roller coaster that was! Glad it worked out in the end.
    +1 I was on pins throughout

M3 is running great.

Deleted the mechanical fan and installed a Spal low profile fan and installed a switch in the center console in addition to the temp switch.

Changed oil at 500 miles and again at 1200 miles.

Car has been tuned by Jordan/RK-tunes.
    Idle was raised, this helps a lot with SMF noise. And it burbles above 4K rpm when engine braking.

Today I had a local exhaust shop make a dual 2.25” to single 3” with some MagnaFlow mufflers I’ve been holding on to. I’ll be wiring in my AFR module and sensor this week.

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Since the exhaust I have installed larger 24lb injectors and a 3.5” maf, had the car returned and installed a gang of poly bushings and fortune auto coilovers 9k/11k.

Attended a few auto-x events to make sure things were gonna stay together before an hpde.

By chance I met up with a local mafia member 704sw at VIR for the first track outing.

https://youtu.be/jyG8THneCg4

Exhaust sounds great!

2005 330ci ZHP

Awesome! Glad to hear it's running smoothly. Looking forward to future updates.

I'll never forget the first test drive in my 95 M3 after swapping in a 3.5" intake + hfm, 24lb injectors, and a conforti chip. It just makes that S50 scream.

Guess it worked out for you seeing you walking e46's on the straights lol

First video cut off right before the Esses I’m guessing we came up on traffic?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast