Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Member Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hello everyone! My name is Damon, I bought my zhp June 20th 2016 right after my 18th birthday. It's black and has 92k miles. I have under body rust I need to address:

Now I'm not too concerned about this because it doesn't seem to be affecting the actual body of the car but rather the rear subframe and misc. parts.

I would want to either replace it or do this to it:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=182553

Ok now the worst:
    Body rust. I have some under the rear tail light and some above the rocker panels. This is what I'm most worried about.
    Here's a quote I got from a very good body shop. This includes welding in a new piece below the tail lights and then paint matching surrounding areas. 3000 dollars!
    Last edited by Damon Bukouras; 09-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.

First, welcome aboard! You'll hopefully love this place.

Second, I don't know much about addressing rust so I'll let more knowledgeable members offer advice.

welcome!

the undercarriage stuff - that's not terrible. i wouldn't bother unless you're planning to drop everything and refresh bushings and mounts.

the body rust - first off, that quote does seem quite excessive. i would get a few more quotes. the rear bit under the taillight is pretty bad - when that gets ground down, there will be holes, so yes, new metal will need to be welded in there. the bits under the RF fender and under the door - it's hard to say what will be left underneath, but i imagine with that bubbling action under the fender leg there will be at least some pinholes. the fender and sideskirt would need to be removed to clean that up. not a difficult job to remove.

if the fender itself is OK, you could perhaps offer to R + R the fender, sideskirt and rear bumper for the bodyshop so that you don't have to pay them to do it.

or..... you could drive it and enjoy it as-is and not worry about it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yes! welcome aboard. I too have a spot here and there. I have not looked into options yet. But I hear, the sooner, the better.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

So my car is not doomed? I worried about putting all of this money in the car and have the unbeatable rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Damon. What Peter (Slater) said. My undercarriage is a bit like yours and I had some spots on a fender and under boot lid I had repaired. Get a few more quotes. I found a local guy who works out of a mobile shop (blow up paint booth) and does repairs for new car dealers. He is very reasonable if I pay cash.

Best to get that stuff addressed quickly.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Not contributing to the rust questions, but it's good to see another 'Sconnie on the Mafia. I'm in Madison.

I am planning on attending the state chapter of the BMWCCA (Badger Bimmers) annual car show next Saturday (June 3) at BMW Milwaukee North. Let me know if you plan to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    Not contributing to the rust questions, but it's good to see another 'Sconnie on the Mafia. I'm in Madison.

I am planning on attending the state chapter of the BMWCCA (Badger Bimmers) annual car show next Saturday (June 3) at BMW Milwaukee North. Let me know if you plan to attend.
    Had any luck finding a car?

Welcome.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome, sir.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast