Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking for advice

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    sorry if this isn't where i should post this, im a newbie ha but this is such a sick site....anyway im going today to look at a 05 metallic gray ZHP with 73k on her. 1 owner, garaged, never driven in the winter, all maintenance complete and up to date, the guy is looking to purchase a brand new m3. i would post pics but i found it through a friend of a dealer. so i just spoke with the owner over the phone. ill try and take pics and post but if the car is as nice as he says it is, what would you guys offer in terms of price? what should i look for when looking over the car? ive had an e36 m before so i know bmws but im new to the ZHP .....thanks for any advice guys!

Jason, when you physically inspect the car, make sure that there is no paint work on the exterior (meaning no one has resprayed it or touched it up). If you do see some, ask what it's about. Also, if you're not comfortable inspecting the car for mechanical details, then you will want to get a PPI done by a competent mechanic.

Given those miles, and given the year of the car, I'd expect a price that ranges from $15,000-$17,000.

Sounds like a good car. Let us know how it turns out.

If it has xenon headlights, check to see if they are ZKW or AL. If they are ZKW, the bulbs will eventually be burnt (if they're not already) and will cost you some bucks to fix. Not a reason not to buy the car, but a good negotiating point.

Common oil leaks at that mileage are from the VCG and the oil filter housing gasket. Easy DIYs, but more negotiating room if they're present.

Also inquire about the cooling system. If the expansion tank, thermostat, water pump, etc. have not been replaced, you're going to want to do those fairly soon to the tune of about $300.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

+1 to the above posts. I also agree with da Boss: $15—17k is reasonable.

Along with the items already mentioned, check the front suspension; the lower control arm bushings could likely be worn at this mileage & age, potentially along with tie rods & end links. If you can't get it on a lift to wiggle the wheels at least feel for looseness on a test drive.

Also ask the owner if the rear subframe was inspected for cracking at the mount points.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

hey guys thanks a lot for the tips! car turned out to be beautiful. all records were kept and dealer maintained. im purchasing the car for 15.5 which i think is a pretty sweet deal. not my ideal color but it'll grow on me. i will update pics soon when i get pick up the car. when i went to look at it the weather was not cooperating for any decent photos.....

thanks again!

Nice! Congrats. Looking forward to pics.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

$15.5K is a fair price. You did well. Congrats.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    hey guys thanks a lot for the tips! car turned out to be beautiful. all records were kept and dealer maintained. im purchasing the car for 15.5 which i think is a pretty sweet deal. not my ideal color but it'll grow on me. i will update pics soon when i get pick up the car. when i went to look at it the weather was not cooperating for any decent photos.....

thanks again!
    Jason, glad to hear. We'll be looking for your introduction thread in the new members section.

Oh, and that color will grow on you. You'll love how easy it is to maintain that color. Even when it's dirty, it will look clean. I had a dark silver/dark silver MINI. I loved it.

Sweet acquisition. The responsiveness that you experienced here is just a sample of how great this family is. Hang around here and help where you can.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

There's only one question. does it have the correct number of doors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast