Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

My MAF has decided that it's had enough.

After replacing my expansion tank I started throwing codes for high voltage on my MAF and low voltage on my air temp sensor. I have both a rinse with isopropyl alcohol and replaced the vacuum lines that come off of the upper intake boot. That cleared the air temp sensor code.
    Today i managed to pop the MAF out of the housing and it didn't look good. The one side is scorched; the other cracked.

I was temporarily happy when I saw a MAF for $40 from ECS then I saw that it was for pre 03. The post 03 are listed there for $300. I did find some chineesium MAF for $50.

Has anyone replaced with the inexpensive option? How much fire am I playing with here?

You can definitely find them for cheaper than $300 (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-mtc-part...627566983~mtc/), I can't guarantee the quality though. However, I'm not an OEM parts snob personally, and I go aftermarket all the time, purely for the cost aspect, and I usually have good luck. Another idea would be craigslist or a local junkyard, you may be able to pull one off a car for pretty cheap.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

The MAF sensor is definitely one part I would definitely go with OEM or Genuine. It is just too vital of a component (IMO) to trust a no-name brand or cheap Chinese part.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13627566983

This is an investment. Buy it from FCP Euro. If it ever fails again for as long as you own the car, they will replace it free of charge via their Lifetime Guarantee.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Siemens VDO is the OE brand I believe. Don't get anything but that or BMW

Do not buy a MAF that isn't VDO/Siemens (I believe that's the OEM) or a Genuine BMW one.

There are plenty of online search results that will tell you why.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for the recommendations. I normally would just grumble for a minute about the price of the part and then just buy it. Unfortunate timing has changed that. I'm just coming off of an upgrade to PSS10s, new rotors and pads, caliper rebuilds, front control arms, rear bushings and subframe bushings in a mix of delrin and aluminum, rear subframe reinforcement, guibo, driveshaft center support bearing, and a diff (upgrade to LSD because I'm already replacing it why not spend twice as much for an upgrade while I'm doing it), and tires. The bank account, and my wife, are not most happy right now.

I'd get a genuine maf from an auto recycler.