Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reinforcement plate/oil drain missing cover

If you're OCD like me and it bothers you that the cover in the reinforcement plate (where you access your oil drain plug) is missing, even though your dealer will tell you they are NLA, you can still get one to fit. It's not really missing, they just stopped installing them at some point. Part numbers are: 51617199687 for the cover and screw and 07146981767 for the c-clip. These parts are listed as being for a Z4 actually. It should work for both coupes and sedans since they both use the same reinforcement plate.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=80&hl=13

I installed one on mine a while back so I can confirm this is the right one. Cost about $6. I sleep so much better at night knowing this cover is there.

Barry

Great thread. That's one of those "not so easy...items to find" on real oem...

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Great thread. That's one of those "not so easy...items to find" on real oem...

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Yup, I almost ordered one for an M3 thinking it would be the same as ours but someone, I think it was KrisL, caught my mistake and gave me the correct numbers. Who'da thunk a Z4 part would be the one we need.
    Last edited by MrMaico; 06-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Great info, Barry. I will be ordering it up. Has always bugged me that it's not there.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Hmm, I ordered one for the older E46's and it mostly fits (just not long enough). I'll have to order this one. Thanks for the info!

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Yes! I was looking for one too! Thanks Barry!

I wonder if mine just never had one, or the PO removed/lost it

spencers Guest
    Ha! Mine was gone when I bought the car. A few months ago, I ordered the cover, screw, and mounting clip for no more than $6. Good as new!

Didn't realize it's NLA now. Glad there's an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Ha! Mine was gone when I bought the car. A few months ago, I ordered the cover, screw, and mounting clip for no more than $6. Good as new!

Didn't realize it's NLA now. Glad there's an alternative.
    You can still get them for cars before (03?), but they did not offer one for the newer reinforcement plate. Apparently, they did for the Z4 however and it will work.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

I was at the local dealer this morning for another matter. Saw this thread on their customer waiting-area computer, walked over to the parts counter, and bought it on the spot (in stock - six bucks). Nice.

Actually that NLA comment was more of an assumption on my part since realoem shows it in the part diagram for the E46 but doesn't show any part numbers for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rikdee View Post
    I was at the local dealer this morning for another matter. Saw this thread on their customer waiting-area computer, walked over to the parts counter, and bought it on the spot (in stock - six bucks). Nice.
    Cool, we're even now .....I think it was you that had posted about the shock tower covers I picked up a while back. I'm a little surprised they had it in stock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast