Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Automatic Picture Resizing

I understand why it has to be done on a forum but instead of the scroll bar can we have it where you can click on an image to see the full size pic like I've seen on other forums?

Give me an example. In particular, give me an example of where someone posts a picture on the site (using a host like photobucket) and you can click it.

For attachments, yes. We already have that. But I am not aware of a situation where you can click on a picture that is hosted elsewhere.

But give me an example, so I can see what you're referring to.

Thanks, Eli.

Also, I just changed the dimensions of the site a bit. Now we're able to enjoy the 1024px width pictures -- without having to scroll over (at the bottom of the post).

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Give me an example. In particular, give me an example of where someone posts a picture on the site (using a host like photobucket) and you can click it.

For attachments, yes. We already have that. But I am not aware of a situation where you can click on a picture that is hosted elsewhere.

But give me an example, so I can see what you're referring to.

Thanks, Eli.
    Marcus, I think me means this:

(My local board, with pictures resized)

http://ohiobimmers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4272

Let me know if you can see that ok

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

My local forum goes with pics that are a little larger than that but, same concept.

http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=14260

Looks like eurowerks has limited the size to 1024px as well -- even when you hit the enlarge button. Our site has 1024px without having to hit that enlarge button.

However, I'd prefer to narrow the width of the site -- and have it so you guys can enlarge just like eurowerks.

One thing. I notice that eurowerks is using vbulletin 4.1.2. We're using 4.0.7. I am not sure if that feature is available with our current software.

I will look around.

And the Ohiobimmers group is using older software. Therefore, we must have that functionality here. I will figure it out.

Thanks, guys.

Also, I will not go wider than 1024 here. Looks like that's what eurowerks decided to do. They have a fixed forum. Ohiobimmers has a fluid forum.

We have fixed.

The 1024 width is nice. It would also be convenient to have the "click to see original size" option for stuff that is bigger than 1024 rather than scrolling.

I'll explain what we're dealing with here at our site.

I have allowed for 1024px pictures. Anything larger gets resized.

We have a fixed forum. It is 1160px wide. At that width, it allows a 1024px picture to be displayed perfectly, inside of the lines.

If I take the forum width to 1000px, for example, pictures that are larger than 1000px would break to the right every time.

What you're asking for is for me to actually allow for pictures that are larger than 1024px. I won't do that. Look at eurowerks. They decided to limit their displayed pictures -- even after enlarging them -- to 1024px. That's the decision I've made on this site too. I could conceivably allow for 1440px pictures, but that would take us back to our decision a few months ago to allow for bigger pictures on the site (which brings bandwidth issues into play).

My preference, today, is to find a way to integrate the "click here to make picture bigger" button. But in no case would I allow the expanded picture to be larger than 1024px.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast