Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Some BMW ownership philosophies

(Moved from Random Questions)

Not sure where else to post this thought thread wise, but I was just thinking about the "clichiness" of the mafia. Before you berate me hear me out lol, I thought it was funny to see in a for sale thread that when someone sold their car others not only congratulated them, but also mentioned looking forward to meeting the new site member. I'm not against this mentality, I think it's greatly confident, and it really showcases the difficulty of owning a BMW.
    Here's what I mean: you own a ZHP and want to join a forum to talk about your vehicle, makes sense, but your options are limited; regular e46 guys hate you, M3 guys are better than you, e30 guys are too wise, e90 guys think you're outdated, and e36 guys are still in high school/early twenties chopping their cars into drift missiles. (Please take this satirically, I should point out, not to offend anyone who owns any of these fine bimmers).
    There's really only one place you can go to talk about your ZHP with open arms, and it's not only cool but also demonstrative of the struggle of BMW ownership even within its own community.
    What're your guys thoughts? Not trying to take any side on this, just want to start a discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

The internet discussion forums have brought people of similar interests together at an unprecedented scale. In the past, people in the Midwest, smaller towns and others not in California were excluded from these discussions because we often lack the critical mass of niche enthusiasts. Now we can participate as if we're all sitting around the same an open hood drinking coffee while one of us works/educates/amuses the rest of us.

I for one 100% agree that this group and ZHP are a legitimate subset of BMW-world and love that this forum and its people exist. It allowed me to learn about these mysterious cars, better plan maintenance, and even might even help me find a second ZHP for our household. It is clearly the premier internet destination for all things ZHP... and for that I thank you all.

Don't think so much this is about ZHP or BMW. Heck, we talk about life, death, food, drinks and love. Cars are an excuse to talk to each other. Don't think other car forums are this cool. And yes, you can learn a ton about the car while hanging around here.
    That's a plus.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I like the respect on this forum. That in itself sets the Family apart from others!

I wholeheartedly agree and, while it plays into the notion that we're elitist, I honestly think that this is such a special group because these are special cars.

Anyone with $4k can pick up an e46 nowadays and be hella lit about finally driving a beeeeeemer! #madeit #stancelyfe And in the same vein the Honda fanboy can now buy an e46 M3 and think that he's king of the world and every peasant without a ///////M car doesn't deserve to make eye contact with him.

But the ZHP is really only sought after by the true enthusiasts that are willing to pay a premium for what others think is just an overpriced 330. We tend to be very particular.

This forum is special, and so are the cars. The friendliest forum on the internet is an accurate description, but it's just such a wonderful resource for all of us--this also includes former ZHP owners, and those aspiring to be. As I said in my new member intro, I spent ages thinking I was going to buy an E36 M3. The second I drove a ZHP I was a convert, and all thoughts of the E36 were gone.

My budget could've dabbled into E46 M3 territory, but the ZHP is exactly what I was looking for. Fun, usable power, with the reliability (read: easier on the wallet and easier to work on) that comes from having an M54 under the bonnet instead of an S54. Oh, and the aesthetics are just perfect: subtly aggressive, but truly timeless.

I don't think I'm special because I own a ZHP; I think my car is special because it's a ZHP. We'll always get the "you could've spent a little more and gotten an ///M" responses, but I really don't care. I bought exactly what I wanted...I just wish it could fit concave face-profile ARC-8s without major work .
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

The cars are not special. The people and the collective commitment to respect are what is special

The cars are ok though
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Honestly this is the only forum I belong to that makes you feel part of a family. Joined here when I had my ZHP, sold that and now have the M3. Met a few members over the years such as John, Charlie, BP, Fredo, Heui, Travis and William. All great guys with a passion for BMW's. I found a CSL Bootlid for sale back in Tenn and Guy went a picked it up for me, boxed it up and shipped it. How cool is that!!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Honestly this is the only forum I belong to that makes you feel part of a family. Joined here when I had my ZHP, sold that and now have the M3. Met a few members over the years such as John, Charlie, BP, Fredo, Heui, Travis and William. All great guys with a passion for BMW's. I found a CSL Bootlid for sale back in Tenn and Guy went a picked it up for me, boxed it up and shipped it. How cool is that!!
    I like how you only managed to get one letter correct order