Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    But does it say "front towards enemy?" That's how I identify claymores.
    That's assuming Takata had the foresight for this whole debacle to label anything properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Got another one on order to replace it. Learned A LOT about how to identify a Takata claymore today. Yellow label = danger!

Recall bulletin for identifying eligible airbags here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V047-4533.pdf

Always wondered if there was a second recall. Since they started replacing airbags back when they didn't know what the problem was, I just assumed they were putting in brand new versions of the same part, which I imagine to be a colossal waste of time.

I'll have to check my new bag to make sure it's still not affected...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have to say, in addition to the red seats the wheels and rear taillights are pretty kick-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I have to say, in addition to the red seats the wheels and rear taillights are pretty kick-ass.
    Dude the seats are still too much for me, but I checked out the connector on them and saw pins for heating, so if whoever recovered them took the time to reinstall the heating elements, then the red is here to stay. It's just too nice to get rid of.

I agree that the wheels are a perfect fit and, while I have NEVER liked smoked signal lenses on ANY car, I'm digging them on this one. Just trying to find some bright ass LEDs to make up for the reduced light output.

I haven't gotten any work done on it since I'm chasing a transmission leak. Will hopefully have a solution for that soon and can start ordering other parts.

Throwing an update on here more for my project tracking than showing off some neat shit I did (because I haven't done any neat shit). This thing drives freaking awesome, but has a few issues that need to be addressed:

1. The transmission is leaking. That sounds worse than it is...it's a very small leak. The previous owner had a shop replace the torque converter seal THREE TIMES and they thought for sure that they had gotten it right the third time...apparently they didn't. I spoke with them and they asked me to take it to someone local that really knew these transmissions and have my people call their people and figure this thing out. I spoke to a guy today that has expert level knowledge of these finicky ZF slushboxes and I'll be dropping the car off with him on Friday. Cautiously optimistic.
      -
    2. The remote locks are acting up. Working when they want to and generally making me look like an idiot, of course. I just did some research on the GM5 module and that sounds like the culprit. I'm more of a hammer and wrench guy than soldering iron and precision, so I'm thinking about sending it in to Scott at www.bmwgm5.com to replace the relays. I could conveniently do this while the car is at the transmission shop. But could this be related to...
      -
    3. It probably needs a new battery. Looks like it still has the original and it needs to be jumped if I sit in it with the radio on for a few minutes. The fiancee might kill me for getting her into a BMW money pit BUT I SWEAR IT'S A GOOD CAR.
      -
    4. It probably needs new shocks. I need to get my red car back on the road to compare the two, but it feels like it's crashing hard on bumps. I already bought one set of FSD's this year though...muh walletz...
      -
    5. The sunroof shade is off track. Like any good e46.
      -
    6. The headlights suck. Like...bad. I don't know how I used to drive my last ZHP without HIDs. I need to dig into a retrofit solution. Suggestions?
      -
    7. The seats are still bright red and unheated. Sigh.

Other than that, it's [so far] a great car. It's smooth as can be at 100mph without a hint of vibration and the steptronic is responsive enough to let me tear through traffic in a hurry. I really like this thing.

Sounds like a basket case and not worth the effort

Sell it to me

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Sounds like a basket case and not worth the effort

Sell it to me
    +1

You bought a lemon (just like Spenser with his crappy Estoril coupe). Sell this PoC right away and move on
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Throwing an update on here more for my project tracking than showing off some neat shit I did (because I haven't done any neat shit). This thing drives freaking awesome, but has a few issues that need to be addressed:

1. The transmission is leaking. That sounds worse than it is...it's a very small leak. The previous owner had a shop replace the torque converter seal THREE TIMES and they thought for sure that they had gotten it right the third time...apparently they didn't. I spoke with them and they asked me to take it to someone local that really knew these transmissions and have my people call their people and figure this thing out. I spoke to a guy today that has expert level knowledge of these finicky ZF slushboxes and I'll be dropping the car off with him on Friday. Cautiously optimistic.
      -
    2. The remote locks are acting up. Working when they want to and generally making me look like an idiot, of course. I just did some research on the GM5 module and that sounds like the culprit. I'm more of a hammer and wrench guy than soldering iron and precision, so I'm thinking about sending it in to Scott at www.bmwgm5.com to replace the relays. I could conveniently do this while the car is at the transmission shop. But could this be related to...
      -
    3. It probably needs a new battery. Looks like it still has the original and it needs to be jumped if I sit in it with the radio on for a few minutes. The fiancee might kill me for getting her into a BMW money pit BUT I SWEAR IT'S A GOOD CAR.
      -
    4. It probably needs new shocks. I need to get my red car back on the road to compare the two, but it feels like it's crashing hard on bumps. I already bought one set of FSD's this year though...muh walletz...
      -
    5. The sunroof shade is off track. Like any good e46.
      -
    6. The headlights suck. Like...bad. I don't know how I used to drive my last ZHP without HIDs. I need to dig into a retrofit solution. Suggestions?
      -
    7. The seats are still bright red and unheated. Sigh.

Other than that, it's [so far] a great car. It's smooth as can be at 100mph without a hint of vibration and the steptronic is responsive enough to let me tear through traffic in a hurry. I really like this thing.
    didn't see this. and was wondering about updates...

- remote locks: yep, sounds like GM5. did you send it off yet? i've got a bum one here that i need to send off for repair.
    - battery: original? dang, BMW should give you a new one for free and display the original in their museum for Longest Lived Stock Battery Ever. seriously though, replace that thing.
    - shocks: try those bilstein B4s! i might order a set of the black Touring.
    - sunroof shade: never had this issue. but i have had the sunroof glass and shade out a few times during headliner swaps, so i know it's a piece of cake to fix.
    - headlights: i've got that TRS kit sitting here that i was gonna use in the tank. what bulb type are your low beams?
    - seats: yeah. i'll get you the harness stuff soon.

any more updates? just drivin' and enjoyin'?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    didn't see this. and was wondering about updates...

- remote locks: yep, sounds like GM5. did you send it off yet? i've got a bum one here that i need to send off for repair.
    - battery: original? dang, BMW should give you a new one for free and display the original in their museum for Longest Lived Stock Battery Ever. seriously though, replace that thing.
    - shocks: try those bilstein B4s! i might order a set of the black Touring.
    - sunroof shade: never had this issue. but i have had the sunroof glass and shade out a few times during headliner swaps, so i know it's a piece of cake to fix.
    - headlights: i've got that TRS kit sitting here that i was gonna use in the tank. what bulb type are your low beams?
    - seats: yeah. i'll get you the harness stuff soon.

any more updates? just drivin' and enjoyin'?
    Oh man this thing...

- Locks: I've been emailing with Scott that runs the GM5 website. We're not sure yet if it's a GM5 issue or a K-bus or something else. He's good about not letting you send the module to him unless he's sure that it will solve your problems. For now, I have to get out of the car, unlock the doors, and then I can lock them. Clown nose and lock/unlock flashes have completely given up.

- Battery: I found a date code on the negative terminal that showed it was from 2009, so not original, but not exactly new either. I swapped it for the battery in the red car and have it on the charger at home right now. It's not serviceable (sealed) and I don't think it's going to hold a charge, but it's worth a shot.

- Shocks: I'm seeing conflicting info on the B4s...some say they're actually 10% stiffer than stock...some have had their ride height go up 10+mm after install.....you buy them first.

I'll have to get back to you on the other stuff. Right now, I'm working on getting it into the transmission shop while chasing these electrical gremlins and a rattle in the rear hatch.

Oh and I worked on the red car for like 3 hours the other day. If I can squeeze in 3 more hours next month, then I should have it back on the road by 2023!

Oh man this thing...

- Locks: I've been emailing with Scott that runs the GM5 website. We're not sure yet if it's a GM5 issue or a K-bus or something else. He's good about not letting you send the module to him unless he's sure that it will solve your problems. For now, I have to get out of the car, unlock the doors, and then I can lock them. Clown nose and lock/unlock flashes have completely given up.

- Battery: I found a date code on the negative terminal that showed it was from 2009, so not original, but not exactly new either. I swapped it for the battery in the red car and have it on the charger at home right now. It's not serviceable (sealed) and I don't think it's going to hold a charge, but it's worth a shot.

- Shocks: I'm seeing conflicting info on the B4s...some say they're actually 10% stiffer than stock...some have had their ride height go up 10+mm after install.....you buy them first.

I'll have to get back to you on the other stuff. Right now, I'm working on getting it into the transmission shop while chasing these electrical gremlins and a rattle in the rear hatch.

Oh and I worked on the red car for like 3 hours the other day. If I can squeeze in 3 more hours next month, then I should have it back on the road by 2023!
    weird. swap GM5 from coupe to test?

i hear you on the red car.....................
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast