Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well good for you, sir. It's a beaut. Thanks for sharing this affirmation of our passion!

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    That's excellent. This is how my ZHP looked when I did the VANOS, only it had about 100k less.

Your username reminds me, OP, of my 1995 Integra GSR I had in high school. It had 240k on the clock when I had it serviced at a local Honda shop. They told me that the cams had the factory black coating on them like they had just been installed!

Crazy how a motor can last when it's treated properly.

Nice! I loved that car. I learned to drive stick on it, and generally drove it at 9/10ths every time I got into it. Sold it at 221k miles because I wanted something newer, and almost immediately regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Do those hard pipes under the manifold usually cause problems, and how bad are they to replace?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk
    They can start leaking badly at high mileage. They become incredibly brittle and almost always break when trying to remove them. We jokingly call them the "F*ck You" pipes.

Wow! Your engine looks amazing after 255k! That's good to know that our engines can run for the long time with the proper maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Wow! Your engine looks amazing after 255k! That's good to know that our engines can run for the long time with the proper maintenance.

+1. I'm at 212k and love seeing cars with more miles!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    +1. I'm at 212k and love seeing cars with more miles!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic
    Hey Shawn,
    I forgot that your car is the great example of high mileage ZHP.

At my current 7,800 miles per year, it looks like it will be over 20 years before I get to that #.
    But holy moly, super clean!
    Very cool.

BMW CCA # 510252

Well, so much for my "amazing engine" brag post. The motor developed a knock. Doesn't sound like a rod bearing - it only happens when the engine is holding 2k-3k RPM with no load (holding steady speed through a parking lot, holding the engine speed in that range in neutral or clutch in). It sounds normal at idle and under load. Also cut open the oil filter and it's free of the usual spun bearing detritus. Replaced the chain tensioner, didn't help. My choices are replace the motor with a used example, rebuild the motor, or part it out.

Bummer
    Last edited by sean96gsr; 11-04-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast