Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where do you guys hold the wheel?

Was thinking about this today while I was driving so I thought I'd do a little poll: how do you guys hold your steering wheel?
    Personally I shift from left hand directly on top to left hand on bottom cradling the left side of the stalk.
    Everyone has their different comforts, and there will be obvious differences when it comes to preference both on and off the track, but still curious nonetheless and I think it would be cool to see how different folks drive their ZHP's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

9:00 and 3:00. If I'm on the interstate I'll change it up somewhat often only because I'm nervous about wearing out this Coby wheel.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

9+3, or alternating between 9+3 and 10+2 on the highway as i'm a bit of a fidgety person. rarely just 10 (the 'farmer' position, LOL!) on the highway.

9+3 offers the most control.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Red

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Naturally, as BMW drivers we should all be doing red and the purple on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    9:00 and 3:00. If I'm on the interstate I'll change it up somewhat often only because I'm nervous about wearing out this Coby wheel.
    I usually do 9 and 3, but sometimes do 10 and 2 to use the awesome thumb-rests. Never 12 and 6

5 and 7 with my knees, exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I'll change it up somewhat often only because I'm nervous about wearing out this Coby wheel.
    Lol that's definitely becoming a factor for myself too, my top part of the Coby Wheel is all matted down now

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    5 and 7 with my knees, exclusively.
    I'm both ashamed and proud (it's an interesting feeling) of how far I drove on a state highway to the beach with just my knee one time in the Mazda. It was something like 115 continuous miles. Young me was stupid me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Lol that's definitely becoming a factor for myself too, my top part of the Coby Wheel is all matted down now
    You driving red? The thug life chose you, and not the other way around.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I find myself driving probably 70% of the time one handed and it is usually my left hand at the 9 position. I'm right handed and it is an unconscious reflex. When driving one handed with my right hand, it is in the 3 position. Sometimes I lap my left hand's wrist over the top at the 12 position, leaving my hand dangling down. When in that position, I am turned sideways a bit and have my right arm/elbow resting on the console. This happens when on a long trip and am tired of being in one position. I am on the shorter side but wear 35" length sleeve shirts so that may explain the driving with the wrist at the 12 position.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Quote Originally Posted by wstr75 View Post
    Sometimes I lap my left hand's wrist over the top at the 12 position, leaving my hand dangling down. When in that position, I am turned sideways a bit and have my right arm/elbow resting on the console. This happens when on a long trip and am tired of being in one position. I am on the shorter side but wear 35" length sleeve shirts so that may explain the driving with the wrist at the 12 position.
    THIS right here is a perfect explanation, one hand on twelve slightly leaned over to the right is such a comfortable position for tall people/people with long arms

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast