Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: clicking noise

clicking noise

When im drivng and get around 30 mph I hear a clicking sound to my passenger side. At first its slow and the sound is spaced out but once.I hit the highway it is very much aparrent and quicker. The best way I can describe it its almost like the way a bicycle Sounds when your just rolling but much quicker and sort of a thinner sound( if that helps at all). Its nothing related to the engine because the noise occurs while in netural on highway and while standing and reving the noise is not there. Plus the only wU I can hear it is if im in tunnel or passing a car or wall and the sound bouncing back to me. I don't feel anything weird on steering wheel or handling. But sometimes at re pedals I feel something like a hump like if I hit a crack on pavement but I only feel on front tires and its so subtel(I think that's the word) I have to be focusing on the pedals to feel it not to mention it doesn't occur consistantly. But ya that noise is extremely annoying. Any thoughts anyone expeirenced this before?????? Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPillows View Post
    When im drivng and get around 30 mph I hear a clicking sound to my passenger side. At first its slow and the sound is spaced out but once.I hit the highway it is very much aparrent and quicker. The best way I can describe it its almost like the way a bicycle Sounds when your just rolling but much quicker and sort of a thinner sound( if that helps at all). Its nothing related to the engine because the noise occurs while in netural on highway and while standing and reving the noise is not there. Plus the only wU I can hear it is if im in tunnel or passing a car or wall and the sound bouncing back to me. I don't feel anything weird on steering wheel or handling. But sometimes at re pedals I feel something like a hump like if I hit a crack on pavement but I only feel on front tires and its so subtel(I think that's the word) I have to be focusing on the pedals to feel it not to mention it doesn't occur consistantly. But ya that noise is extremely annoying. Any thoughts anyone expeirenced this before?????? Help!!!!
    Does the sound seem like its coming from the right passenger front or rear wheel area?

I want to say rear because I had my rear passenger side window push out while the main one was up and the noise was louder. However this was once and haven't tried it again but ill try when I drive home tonight

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My bet is it's something with the brake pad or caliper, because you're feeling it in the brake pedal sometimes. A couple ideas: Possibly a sticking caliper, best solution for this is to change the brake fluid (which is recommended once every 1-2 years anyways). Or if you live on a gravel road you might be getting little bits of gravel between the brake pad and rotor, solution would to be drive slower on the gravel.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

hmm ok well when it drys out here ill give it a look. ill post back when im done if theres any resolution to the problem or not