Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I scheduled my 330xiA for the driver side this week (did the passenger side last summer), and my ZHP is scheduled to have both done next week. By an unimaginable stroke of luck, my recently purchased 330xi 6MT already had both done. I didn't need a post card or any authorization to get it done--the dealership just looked it up, saw it hadn't been done yet, and set up the appointment.

An FYI for everyone fretting about having a claymore mounted on their steering wheel. This recall bulletin gives a clear explanation of which airbags are part of the recall and which are fine.

The recall bags have a yellow label with a BAM XXX-1085 number on the bar code.
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V047-4533.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    An FYI for everyone fretting about having a claymore mounted on their steering wheel. This recall bulletin gives a clear explanation of which airbags are part of the recall and which are fine.

The recall bags have a yellow label with a BAM XXX-1085 number on the bar code.
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V047-4533.pdf
    It looks like this notice is for the latest recall for Takata airbags that were used for repair/replacement-- not the larger recall that affected all of our cars' driver side airbags.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...g-fresh-recall

"The affected BMWs were manufactured earlier than the ones already under recall for defective air bags, and brings the total to 1,568,247, Kiehne said."
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    It looks like this notice is for the latest recall for Takata airbags that were used for repair/replacement-- not the larger recall that affected all of our cars' driver side airbags.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...g-fresh-recall

"The affected BMWs were manufactured earlier than the ones already under recall for defective air bags, and brings the total to 1,568,247, Kiehne said."
    Yep. It's my understanding that they were building the cars with the white label airbags and switched to the yellow label (bad) airbags at some point in production, giving them the build window for the recall. Then they realized that cars that came in for service during that time would have gotten one of the new airbags with the yellow label, so now they're checking all older cars as they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yep. It's my understanding that they were building the cars with the white label airbags and switched to the yellow label (bad) airbags at some point in production, giving them the build window for the recall. Then they realized that cars that came in for service during that time would have gotten one of the new airbags with the yellow label, so now they're checking all older cars as they come in.
    Geez, what a nightmare.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Appt set for wed 6/28.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

If anyone hasn't got their Airbag recall...GET IT DONE ASAP!

Here is what will happen during the bankruptcy for end users:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/2...iness&referer=
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Here is what will happen during the bankruptcy for end users:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/2...iness&referer=
    Dayummm that sucks for those automakers that are unsecured creditors.

I got my driver's airbag replaced today. It took one hour. The car smells like glue, I'm sure that smell will be gone in a couple of days. I took extra precautions before taking the car to the dealer:

Name:  airbag.JPG
Views: 1385
Size:  437.6 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I got my driver's airbag replaced today. It took one hour. The car smells like glue, I'm sure that smell will be gone in a couple of days. I took extra precautions before taking the car to the dealer:

Name:  airbag.JPG
Views: 1385
Size:  437.6 KB
    Lol awesome dipshit defense!

I don't know why the car would smell like glue...that's really bizarre. Swapping that airbag takes 30 seconds, one screwdriver, and definitely zero glue anywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast