Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Torn on which LED tail lights to go with

i keep thinking i want the pre face lift style lights red on bottom clear on top but then get sucked back into red clear red at the min i try to click buy it now on clear/red lights.

i would love to see some really good imola example pictures that show off both styles... preferably someone that has had both had has pictures of both during those times to see the same car in content with the different lights?

what ever i get, i plan on getting amber translucent wrap to cover the clear part so i can have amber LEDs since no one makes sedan amber led lights.

i feel like the pre face lift style more closely resembles M3 look but I also hate losing the identity of the ZHP which is mtechII + facelight tail lights
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    since no one makes sedan amber led lights
    Bimmian sells Weisslicht LED bulbs in amber illumination but you'll be paying over $100 per pair with shipping. The price is a little ridiculous but the bulbs really are top notch.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    Bimmian sells Weisslicht LED bulbs in amber illumination but you'll be paying over $100 per pair with shipping. The price is a little ridiculous but the bulbs really are top notch.
    that's just not the same thing honestly. i prefer the "look" of the LED "array" in the actual tail lights and you wont get that with bulbs alone unfortunately. brightness is a plus but im more aesthetics at this point but thank you!

that's just not the same thing honestly. i prefer the "look" of the LED "array" in the actual tail lights and you wont get that with bulbs alone unfortunately. brightness is a plus but im more aesthetics at this point but thank you!
    I misunderstood your original post; sorry about that. Good luck with your search.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

so after looking at Zachs thread "Timeless"

he sets a great example since he had both at once point.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ss-quot/page10

and i really think the pre face lift style with clear red on bottom looks the best. his car looks so good

great job Zach! sad to see the car go soon

I will die a little inside if you do this. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I will die a little inside if you do this. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    do which one? you think/prefer the look of the stock red amber red look i have now?

currently in my amazon cart i have a clear/red led set, clear corners and led clear side markers.

im just looking for a set of LED Corner bulbs? so I dont have the egg yolk look?

open to suggestion know in google image search, your car comes up a few times with different tail lights. which ones do you have now?

do which one? you think/prefer the look of the stock red amber red look i have now?
    Personally, I think anything looks better than the pre-facelift lights. Pre-facelift doesn't belong on a facelift car in my mind, but a lot of people seem to disagree on that. It doesn't help that nobody makes a decent facelift LED light set; the only one available (Depo) has serious quality issues.

open to suggestion know in google image search, your car comes up a few times with different tail lights. which ones do you have now?
    I've had numerous tail light setups, including:
    Factory RAR
    Smoked RCR
    Depo RCR LED
    Current is OE RCRs with LED bulbs for the brake lights, turn signals (front and rear), and reverse lights. I also have LEDs in the sidemarkers. Everything looks choice when lit up... very bright, with no bulb out errors or resistors required (I used CANBUS bulbs).

The RCR with LED bulbs options has been the best so far out of the different styles I've tried. You get ALL of the bang while retaining the classic OE look, not to mention that you have OE tail light quality.

Quality has been a struggle with the aftermarket tails that I've had, with the Depo RCRs being the worst. The brake lights were delayed (third brake light came on before the regular brake lights), the insides had no covers to hide the ugly wire mess, and the LEDs didn't look right in the housing. Oh, and the turn signals and reverse lights still weren't LED (this really confused me).

I can make a video of my current setup if you want.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Personally, I think anything looks better than the pre-facelift lights. Pre-facelift doesn't belong on a facelift car in my mind, but a lot of people seem to disagree on that. It doesn't help that nobody makes a decent facelift LED light set; the only one available (Depo) has serious quality issues.

I've had numerous tail light setups, including:
    Factory RAR
    Smoked RCR
    Depo RCR LED
    Current is OE RCRs with LED bulbs for the brake lights, turn signals (front and rear), and reverse lights. I also have LEDs in the sidemarkers. Everything looks choice when lit up... very bright, with no bulb out errors or resistors required (I used CANBUS bulbs).

The RCR with LED bulbs options has been the best so far out of the different styles I've tried. You get ALL of the bang while retaining the classic OE look, not to mention that you have OE tail light quality.

Quality has been a struggle with the aftermarket tails that I've had, with the Depo RCRs being the worst. The brake lights were delayed (third brake light came on before the regular brake lights), the insides had no covers to hide the ugly wire mess, and the LEDs didn't look right in the housing. Oh, and the turn signals and reverse lights still weren't LED (this really confused me).

can you link to the bulbs you used?

i just like pre face lift style because it has the M3 look which is what my car is kind of going for. a Sedan M3 appearance.

for some reason the RCR feels just a tad off with how it breaks up the flow of red and the body lines. Pre fac elift, the red bottom half matches the physical seam body line in the quarter panel then goes to clear up top.... the RCR lights break up that flow so to speak. it feels a little jarring now that I see it and know it does.. it feels like a complicated tail light setup looks wise it but i still love the look of RCR.

In for video and link

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast