Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Oil on AC condenser

I am currently replacing my cooling system including the radiator. When I pull off the radiator I found what appears to be oil on the AC condenser I didn't notice the dark spot until 24 hours after removing the radiator. Any thoughts if what it could be?

Name:  355031439184666129-account_id=1.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  143.5 KB
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Did you touch it to confirm it's actually oil? It may just look dark. Was your radiator leaking? Maybe it was spraying onto the A/C condenser? Or maybe the condenser is leaking...but if it was you'd probably notice your A/C isn't working too well.

What about the power steering cooler - doesn't the line run in front of the A/C condenser? Maybe it's leaking and blowing back onto the condenser.

Check your VCG. Leaking VCG running down the front edge of the valve cover and dropping down onto the condenser could be it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Just replaced the VCG 2 months ago. Since then the car has been sitting in garage so and didn't need to use acrobat during winter.

The radiator was relatively clean besides dead bugs and dirt. It's definitely wet it's a green oily fuid. I wiped it down in the morning and will check back once I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    It's definitely wet it's a green oily fuid.
    Sounds like coolant to me.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner