Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

They say if you love something, let it go...

Hi Everybody,

Hope you're ready for a novel!

It's been about 5 years since I had any sort of activity on any forum. Sort of fell out of it after I sold my ZHP but have definitely missed this place and the camaraderie. I remember the first few Mafia Reunions in VA Beach at Dane's house -- amazing times back then. I hope those sorts of events are still happening. I've been hanging around for a week and noticed that there are still some original members floating around, which is just awesome.

Figured it might be fun to share some old school mafia pictures:

Keith took this picture of me on the bridge tunnel:

And some C.Withers Media action:

Here are the sad pictures of the night I sold it:

I really loved that car. Bought it back in '09 with 30k miles and then was seduced by an E82 135is in 2012. Turns out it was a fling and not true love with the 1, as I boomeranged all the way back to E46 as so many people do. The 1er was a 2013 135is, Space Gray over Coral Red. 6 speed, and the only option box I ticked was heated seats. Ordered it from the factory for a screaming deal I couldn't pass up.

Here's the 1:

It was a fun car. It had E46 M3-like power and an other-worldly fantastic exhaust (BMW Performance). As much fun as it was, and as fast as it was, I just never connected to it like I'd connected to my E46s in the past. It was about two years before I really started missing the E46 platform. I definitely have some OCD car preferences, and I'm finding that I might not be able to be comfortable in an interior that's not the E46!

I struck a deal with my dad and took his E46 and he took the E82 (which he has since sold). This one is an OB/Sand 5-speed 325Ci, 2002 model year with sport and premium packages. I love this car. Not as knife-edge sharp as the ZHP, but really satisfying in its own way. Right now it's pushing 118k miles and will run forever.

I've been driving the 325 for the past three years thinking I might get back into a ZHP one day but that there really wasn't much point considering how similar the cars are and how much enjoyment I get out of the 325.

Then two weeks ago the person who bought my ZHP contacted me to tell me he's putting it on the market and wanted to know if I wanted it back.

At first, I thought no way. I'm paying for a doctoral program right now, and there's no reason for me to have two cars. Still, the mistake of selling that car still haunts me, so I figured I'd go give my old ride a visit. Last weekend I went to the owner's house and took my old car for a spin.

Oh man.

Not only did he and his wife only put on 40k miles in 5 years (now it's at 147k), they had vastly improved the car in a number of ways:
    - Koni yellows
    - Subframe foam reinforcement
    - M3 rear shock mounts
    - Secondary air pump delete
    - Performance exhaust
    - Koni yellows
    - Homelink
    - Bluetooth
    - 1 off Evolve tune (they know the guy who used to do all of Evolve's tuning)
    - Resprayed front end
    - All sorts of coding goodies
    - New OEM windsheild
    - Clear corners
    - And, most importantly, ALL maintenance performed preventatively.

I drove the car and decided immediately that I would complete the awesome narrative of the car coming back to me after five long years. How could I not?!

Picked it up Saturday night, first night home:

Today I installed the RCR tails, set up the Homelink, and also put in a UUC clutch stop:

Here he is with his big brother:

And some interior shots (notice the silver cubes!):

And some more goodies to be installed:

So, back in the stable is my '05 ZHP, currently with 147k miles. Plans for the very near future:
    - Windshield cowl
    - Rotors/Pads/Sensors
    - Fuel filter
    - Diff bushings
    - FCABs
    - V1 hardwire
    - A and C pillar replacement
    - Tires
    - New knob and boot

I'm just so tickled and giddy to have this car back. I shake my head when I think about the thought process that went into selling it, but hey, I was younger and learned a good lesson. I'll keep both E46s for the time being because, well, math: 2 e46s > 1 e46.

I'm also happy to be back participating here! This place is the best, and it seems to still have the same culture from years ago. Credit for that no doubt goes to the mods.

If you're someone whom I've met before in previous events -- great to be back! If you're someone who has joined since I left the fold -- nice to meet you!

-- Marc
    - Marc

Welcome back to the jungle !!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi, Marc ! Welcome back. The alcantara seems to be in great shape. And that paint is extra shiny !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks guys!
    - Marc

that's awesome. great story!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Awesome! And your 325Ci is pretty much the 325i version of my old 330Ci (OB w/ Light Beige interior).

Best story I've read all year!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks, brotha.
    - Marc

This is awesome. It's what everyone dreams of after selling their ZHP.

Freakin' awesome! Great story, so glad you got it back. Glad you're back in the (ZHP) fold too. And, thanks for posting those pics of the meet, brings back great memories!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast