Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Umnitza ORION V4 Angel Eyes install, now causing battery drain

Hey all, so I just installed my new Umnitza ORION V4 angel eyes. They look fantastic and function properly. However, after I installed them, I'm getting a short or drain somewhere that's draining my car battery really fast.

I feel like the culprit is a short somewhere. When I connect my portable auto battery charger, it too looses juice pretty quickly and then I have to recharge that too.

I have the white trigger wire from the angel eyes harness soldered to the accessories wire in the ECU housing (red wire with white stripe and gold patches). The blue wire coming out of the harness is taped at the end to ensure it isn't touching anything. Each white wire coming out of the angel eye drivers is soldered to their respective grey-green wire going to the low beams.

Again, everything seems to work correctly. Angel eyes come on bright and steady with the accessories, and when I turn the headlights on they dim properly.

No bare wires are exposed, everything is securely wrapped with electrical tape.

How might I go about finding the short, or have I got my install wrong somehow?

EDIT: When I remove the positive connection for the harness from the battery post, it still seems like there's a problem. Issue with accessories wire connection maybe?
    Last edited by usinjin; 06-26-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarification

With the car off, voltage across the battery drops fairly quickly. Tried the parasitic current test but my multimeter did show any current being drawn (sanded my negative battery post a bit and everything).

What happens when you pull the relay out from the harness? Does the drain stop? Inspect the connections to the plug that go to the relay as well.

Any pictures of the wiring?

Tried the car again this morning, after it had been sitting overnight.

Before cranking battery read 12.55V. Hmm!

Started easily.

Perhaps it was an anomaly yesterday? Could be the battery is on the fritz...it /is/ one of those AAA roadside assistance batteries (probably 5 years old as well). Last owners of this car were not kind to it. New (and better) battery is on the list!

Glad it worked. New battery not a bad idea at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture