Hi, I'm trying to hardwire my Garmin GPS, which I want to be located on the left-side (driver's side) of the dashboard. It's around the top area of the driver's side AC. I'm thinking to tap a wire from the fuse box located in the glovebox area and run the wire behind the radio and through the steering compartment then up through the gaps (Need more research on this).

I'm posting this to ask if any of the member had a better idea on where should I be getting my power from? I'm going to use a 12V cigarette lighter I got from Radio Shack's Clearance and also use the original Garmin GPS+Traffic charging plug, which is going to be pretty big when bundled up together. Most of the research I've done suggested me to tap the power from the fuse box, or the cigarette lighter (not powered by ACC, but can be altered easily by tapping the fuse box of the cigar lighter into another acc-powered fuse box). I'm looking for the cleanest install possible with as little cable as possible shown outside of the dashboard panels

Additionally, I'm hoping to do another hardwire for my usb-cable to charge up my phone. I'm hoping that I can get rid of the issue coming with charging the phone while using the aux-cable.

Thank you!