Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

My German Autobahn Mile Muncher - Le Mans Blue e39 M5

As some of you already know, I recently moved to Germany from California and started a new job in Berlin.

After being forced to sell my ZHP, I really wanted another 330Ci, but I couldn't find one that wasn't a rust box for a decent price.
    I wasn't planning on getting an M5, but the price and the car were right. I had long negotiations with the owner until we struck a deal and I took ownership of the car last weekend.

I found it in a small village close to Nürburgring. Bought it from a farmer. Car was on seasonal plates and only driven in summer, so no rust issues which was important to me. Inside is very dusty and filthy, but that will clean up.

With the car, I got 4 keys and typical German/European service book that contains no details, just basic stuff.

It's a 03/2000 pre-facelift model in Le Mans Blue color. Under the hood resides S62 engine, 4.9L V8 that makes 400hp, enough to propel the car from 0 to 60 in about 5.3 seconds.

This is how it sits now.

Pick up day at the Nürburgring gas station.

Drive home to Berlin was around 430 miles. My first experience on the Autobahn and in the M5, it was phenomenal.
    I drove fast cars and slow cars, but nothing like the M5. It has so much torque and power in each gear, combine that with the V8 sound and every time you put the pedal down it brings a big stupid smile on my face. I just couldn't stop smiling.

Right now, it's parked with expired temporary plates that Germans call 5 day plates, but actually expire in 4 days.
    Whenever I had to deal with German bureaucracy, I had to wait forever to get something done. They are everything but efficient.
    Same thing with registration and license plates, earliest possible appointment I could get is in 4 weeks! There are only two Kfz offices (similar to DMV) in whole Berlin. In the mean time, I can't move the car which really sucks.

I did manage to get new rubber on. Dunlop Sport maxx RT2, $650 out of door.

First thing for the car will be to eliminate hideous pre-facelift headlights and taillights.

Scored a set of brand new taillights, original Hella Celis facelift conversion kit for only $130! Couldn't believe it until I saw them. They are $600 new in US and around $400-500 in Europe from other places.

I also got a set of used Hella headlights that I am rebuilding with new projectors and covers before they go onto the car.
    Bunch of other parts, tools and detailing stuff since I have nothing. Not even a screw driver.

More soon.

Congrats, man ! Wow, 400 HP.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

This is going to be an awesome thread!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Simply gorgeous. My all time favorite M5 generation and my favorite BMW blue.

Congrats!!!

congrats, love it! great color and the E39 is my favorite 5er... of course, with the E46 being my favorite 3er, i guess that only stands to reason.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Excellent

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thank you guys!

Le Mans Blue was one of the reasons I went for this M5. It's just a beautiful color. When I slap on FL headlights and taillights it will look million times better. 😊

Peter, I can say the same!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dane, to quote a thread over at vwvortex.com: "Photobucket can suck it"

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

M5 on the autobahn... match made in heaven. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast