Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Nice work dude...and awesome pictures! Would love to see some before/after light output pics if you have any.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Thanks man!

Did a test fitment. Not the best comparison, but on the left is the new one vs the old one on the right.
    I had these on my old 530i and it was one of my favorite upgrades. They blow the OEM projectors out of the water in every way.

Damn, son. The difference in cutoff sharpness is night and day.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Wow...those do look awesome!
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Really starting to hate Germany and all bureaucracy bs.
    Got a sticker on my windshield from Polizei for having unregistered car parked on the street, which I can understand.

They don't specify and nobody can tell me how much time I have to move it, only that the next time they show up, they will slap me a ticket. After that they take your car away, recycle it and send you the bill. What I don't understand is that it takes a whole month to register your stupid car, but in the mean time they'll swing by and put shitty yellow stickers on your car that takes forever to take off! Called them and started explaining my situation, their response is "Das ist Deutschland" and move your beast asap.

Got lucky and found a garage today, after a month of searching. Not really close to my apartment, but can't be picky at this point. Moved it immediately so that's resolved for now. I will certainly sleep better knowing it's safely locked up after hearing so many scary stories. Finding your car with broken windows and without steering wheel, navigation and even the headlights is not uncommon. Although, would love to see them trying to brake double glazed glass on the M5.

Anyway, the M5 is already looking meaner with one new headlight. Tomorrow I should get the right one mounted as well.
    I'm off for the next 3 days and will hopefully get more work done.

Light retrofits are the best. Gorgeous M5, it looks incredible so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Love doing lights. Thanks, but I I'm just starting haha.

Project FL lights all around is now complete!

Light output. I wired bi-xenon projectors with high beams so it has quad high beams. Phenomenal thing to have at night.

Rear taillights required little work to be done on the body of the car. Had to drill 2 new holes and file bit of metal on one existing opening. On top of that, lower left part needed to be hammered in a bit. Not pretty, but necessary in order to get perfect fitment. Final touch was rust protection on the new holes and touching up with factory color.

Very happy how everything turned out. Looks million times better.
    Last edited by Sreten; 07-07-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Wow. Super jelly

That car is on my wish list.

Can you tell us how it feels compared to a ZHP?

At some point it will be a choice between the E39 M5 and the E90 M3

Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3 is my dream car that will happen sooner or later.

Honestly, I haven't put enough miles on the M5 to give a proper opinion. What I can tell you is that I had over 20 BMW's and not one felt like this M5.
    I had 4 ZHP's and I loved them all, both manual and automatic. ZHP is a nimble, quick car that's so easy and so much fun to drive.
    In the M5 at the touch of the throttle you can feel how much power it actually has. Torque is a beautiful thing and something that M5 has plenty of. It will pull you away in any gear at any speed while hearing that glorious V8 sound.
    Also double glazed windows makes for great isolation and the doors heavy which gives you a nice deep sound when closing them. Small things like that makes a car for me.

I haven't tackled it mechanically, but have a feeling like I can work on the M54 with a spoon whereas S62, not really hah. M54 is still my favorite engine for daily driving.

All day today I was cleaning up the interior. The car was sitting for a while in country side and dust, dirt just accumulated everywhere.
    Part of the deal I made when I bought it was that I will take care of the interior. I know a sane person won't go to the extent I will.

Vacuumed a ton of dirt. Scrubbed every carpet, plastic, holes and cracks I could find in the interior.

When it comes to leather treatment, I usually go with Lexol or Gliptone leather care, but this is Germany so I wanted to try something else.
    Found a saddle soap on German Amazon with great reviews and at $12 decided to try it.

Got some before/after shots.
    Driver seat before treatment.

After one pass with a brush, soap and water.

Passenger seat.

For the conditioner I didn't want to experiment too much and went with Lexol deep leather conditioner. I hate products that leave leather shiny and sticky, Lexol leaves the leather with soft and matte finish.

To give you a better picture how bad the interior was, I took these pictures on the day i bought.

End product. Now I don't need a hazmat suit to sit in the car.

Tomorrow I was planning to change the oil but the oil drain container didn't arrive in time so that won't happen. I'll replace spark plugs and give it a much needed wash on the outside.

Cold beer after a long working day. Cheers!

Great work dude! You deserve a few cold ones after all that work.
    anandoc

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast