Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Time for new shoes!

Just like the last time, I don't drive the ZHP much so 3 of my 4 Pilot Super Sport's dried out and cracked long before I wore them out. The third wore through on the inside do to worn out FCAB.

This happening a second time had me feeling rather thrifty so I started looking around for deals. Not necessarily the cheapest but I was in no mood to pony up for Super Sports again.

While searching I ran across some tires I had never heard of, Barum. I googled the name and found out they are made in the Czech Republic. That's convenient as I have a friend that grew up there and is also into cars. I asked him and he said they are very common over there, not the best but nothing wrong with them. Not exactly a glowing review but I decided to go for it.

When I picked up the car is the first time I actually looked at them, they look just fine to me. Driving home on city streets they were quiet, not harsh over bumps, so far so good. I waited until after I got an alignment to take them on the freeway but even on our crappy cement freeways they tracked straight and were quiet. Yesterday I finally had a chance to take them on a road with some curves. I'm no longer interested in seeing how fast I can go but at speeds that would already be making my wife nervous they felt firmly planted and predictable.

IMO if you are a just a daily driver who like to push it a little every once in a while you'll be happy with these.

Of course the best part is the price. They are STUPIDLY cheap. Out the door with mounting, balancing, tax, disposal fee was $458 for all 4, and on top of that there is a $75 mail in rebate bring it down to $383.

I'll update later if there is anything negative to add but as of now, taking price into account I'm giving them .
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I had the same issue with PSS's. It seems like it only takes 2-3 years for them to start dry rotting. I replaced them with Cooper's new high performance all seasons and I'm very happy with them so far.

Barum makes a damn good economy tire that seems to last forever. I wouldn't hesitate to put them on anything.

Just don't forget about stopping distance, which is also very important...
    Cheap tires usually mean longer stopping distances.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Great info William!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks for the information!! I was in the market for tires a week ago and saw Barum too. However, I decided to go with Cont. DWS 06, $692 mounted, with $75 rebate coming, bringing it down to effectively $617 out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiez View Post
    Thanks for the information!! I was in the market for tires a week ago and saw Barum too. However, I decided to go with Cont. DWS 06, $692 mounted, with $75 rebate coming, bringing it down to effectively $617 out of the door.
    You'll love those tires. I have them on our X5 as that is what we drive in the snow periodically.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube