Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Sedan Window Drop on Opening Doors

OK coding gurus, not sure if this has been done or if it is even possible but I would like to have a look at having my sedan framed door windows roll down the 1/2" when opening the doors and roll back up upon door close. The coupes and convertibles that have frameless doors and is a basic function to avoid the glass being in/out of the lip of the seal when opening and closing the doors. I guess I am looking for the pressure advantage in the sedan since the windows are not subject to the seal displacement. Just a thought if this can happen. Thanks guys, I always get the real story here.
    Last edited by Overboost; 07-04-2017 at 09:05 AM.

I know for a fact that kakashi169's (Daniel's) pre-facelift sedan has this "feature". He got a manual tranny swap and the shop which did the swap on his car, coded it incorrectly as a euro convertible (type BS51) - as a result of which his car thinks its a vert and does the whole window crack thing every time he opens his doors.

I don't fully understand why you are looking to do this on your sedan...
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I don't fully understand why you are looking to do this on your sedan...
    I guess my interest is 2 fold. First being the reduction in the pressure wave when closing the door and secondly it just adds a cool factor to the coding in my E46. Simple coding option would be nice but incorrectly programming my vehicle order would be a ground stop.

Honestly there is no benefit to coding this other than just wanting it. As far as wanting it goes, I'm not sure if that option is available if your car isn't coded as a convertible. I would have to dig through my files to see if the option is there "as a sedan".

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Come to think of it, the 2 door variants use a door lock/switch assembly that detects when the door opens or closes so it can raise or lower the window appropriately. The sedan doesn't have that, so I don't think this feature would work even if it was coded as such.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Come to think of it, the 2 door variants use a door lock/switch assembly that detects when the door opens or closes so it can raise or lower the window appropriately. The sedan doesn't have that, so I don't think this feature would work even if it was coded as such.
    The sedans have door open/close sensors (which show you whether a door is open on the cluster) - maybe it uses that?

I know Daniel's sedan does the window up/down thing when you unlock the doors...
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I opened up NCS Expert and changed the GM5 module setting FH_ABSENKUNG_SPERREN to nicht_activ and it works.

The only issue is the rear doors do not activate but that makes sense since coupes don't have rear doors. Also, the drop is maybe only 5mm and I wish I could increase that to 10mm but it is what it is... Small victories I guess...

Name:  E46 Window Drop.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  130.7 KB

Nice!

I should play around with the GM5 module and see what other options are available.
    anandoc

Just basic parameters in my C02 GM5. Locking, keys, windows, alarm, comfort opening/closing, blah blah blah. PA Soft will do about everything on this module except the window drop.

Just an update to this thread. It just didn't do enough for me in the end to justify the wear and tear on my plastic regulator clips with quick up/down movement. Coded it back to standard operation.