Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Awesome story and a beautiful pickup! Would love to hear more about the 340i msport 6 speed. Of all the offerings BMW has at the moment, that is the only one I would look at with any seriousness. I'm not going to look at it, but I'm intrigued to hear your perspectives on it compared to the ZHP. You've boomeranged back to E46 like many of us have!
    For the past couple days I've had the chance to drive both within the same day. The first thing I notice is size. The 340i and the F30 in general feels like a boat compared to the nimble maneuvering of the ZHP. The 340i also has almost 100 hp more than the ZHP so when you step on it in Sport mode, the thing hauls. However, there is noticeable turbo lag in a lot of situations where the ZHP has the advantage with great throttle response. I also prefer the ZHP's hydraulic steering over the electronic steering in the 340i. The 340i is an incredible car with a TON of power, luxury and creature comforts. Its a great car that, in this case, MSRP's for 57K. I couldn't imagine ever paying full price for a brand new one, only to lose half its value in ~3-4 years. At the end of the day, the ZHP is easier on the wallet, more fun and more unique than the 340i.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Congratulations, and welcome back! As a Maine winter driver, I'm very interested to know where on teh body you noticed rust forming when you were parking on the street.
    Thanks! I mainly noticed bubbling on the lower metal trim behind the front wheel wells, on the bottom of the front door edges, and the metal trim between the rear bumper and trunk lid.

Quote Originally Posted by dlucas589 View Post
    Thanks! I mainly noticed bubbling on the lower metal trim behind the front wheel wells, on the bottom of the front door edges, and the metal trim between the rear bumper and trunk lid.
    Thank you. I saw an e46 up here this winter with serious rust. This is helpful.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Welcome. Nice car. I live in Il but I'm in Milwaukee quite often. Interested in a Milw get together?

Great story. I've had the chance to experience a 2017 330i and 340i as loaners the past 2 months (had the X3 in for final "please fix everything you can before the warranty runs out"). I agree with your assessments: great power, albeit with pretty noticeable turbo lag, and nice amenities. I can't get down with the twitchy electronic steering, though. It was okay around town, but at 50mph+ felt borderline dangerous. I was very happy to get back in the E46 and E83 after driving them. IMO the cars feel more cheaply put together than what you'd expect for the price (and the combining of piano black dashes with other whatever trim you actually choose (woodgrain in the 330i) was outright embarrassing), but I guess we've reached an age where cars are designed to be a little more disposable than in years past.

Sorry for digressing. Welcome back.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Welcome back, Good story
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by RBW View Post
    Welcome. Nice car. I live in Il but I'm in Milwaukee quite often. Interested in a Milw get together?
    Absolutely. Seems like there are a couple members local to the MKE/Chi area. Would be fun to get some ZHPs together.

Good having you back! Congrats!

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by dlucas589 View Post
    Absolutely. Seems like there are a couple members local to the MKE/Chi area. Would be fun to get some ZHPs together.
    I'm game for a MKE/Chicago GTG. Madison is only 1.5 hours away from the MKE airport if we organized something in Kenosha to Gurnee.

I live right at the Il/Wi state line, 10 min east of the I. Let see how many are interested and we can pick a place. 6 or less, we could meet at my place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast