Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peeling on center console and under ebrake

I just bought my 04 silver grey 6spd. Car is in beautiful shape in and out. The only thing wrong inside the car is the rubber coating on all of the plastics around the ebrake area and cup holders has a little bit of peeling. Just wondering what other people have done if they too have had this issue?

Bought new pieces. Yes, if not careful, it shows scuffs and marks up well if you plant a fingernail on it. Not sure about plastidip as an option. I got a like-new center console for a great price here.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Someone told me I could peel all of it off. Seems kind of tedious though. I will probably look into getting a replacement.

I've been working on peeling a spare console that I picked up. I just read the other day that hot water + a scotch brite pad cleans it right off and leaves you with a bare plastic panel that you can either leave as-is or spray with paint/plasti dip. Good results from both.

Is it pretty easy to pop the whole thing out?

Quote Originally Posted by droman81 View Post
    Is it pretty easy to pop the whole thing out?
    Yes, very easy. You just need a Philips head screwdriver. Start at the rear where the ash tray is and then at the front under the shift boot. Easy peasy.

You can pull most of those pieces out without a tool. If you do use a tool, and you're concerned about the finish, use an appropriate plastic tool. I tried to refinish using Plasti-Dip (gray) to minimize cost, but the color and texture were off, so I bought new pieces (I also prefer the storage tray with sliding door over the cup holders--nobody eats or drinks in my cars). They really aren't that expensive and make a big aesthetic difference.

sorry to revive this post, but if anyone else has done the plasti dip option, could you comment on the quality and durability? Mine is an all black interior, so I do not think there will be any color matching issues. Main thing I am worries about is melting in the heat.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Try the Plasti-Dip and, if you don't like it, you can buy new.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast