Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB: OEM ZHP perforated leather wheel

New ZHP Mafia member looking to purchase an OEM (not recovered) perforated leather steering wheel as delivered on the non-Alcantara equipped ZHP's.

Looking for something in absolutely top condition, with or without airbag and can arrange shipping from anywhere on my freight accounts. I can be reached any time at the number below. Thanks in advance to the forum members for any replies or leads.

Kind Regards,
    Paul
    w: 905-290-8961 (ext.246)

hi paul - i see by your phone # that you're in the GTA. welcome!

it's going to be hard finding one as it is, but a nice one will be a challenge as the leather tends to degrade at the seams where the perforated leather meets the non-perf...

of course, now that i say that, someone will come forward with a perfect specimen for sale.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    hi paul - i see by your phone # that you're in the GTA. welcome!

it's going to be hard finding one as it is, but a nice one will be a challenge as the leather tends to degrade at the seams where the perforated leather meets the non-perf...

of course, now that i say that, someone will come forward with a perfect specimen for sale.
    theyre also more expensive than the standard M3 leather sport wheel AND they are NLA compared to the leather M3 sport wheel.

if you can find one NEW they are over $1000 with no airbag.

usually someone that is particular enough to want a mint condition one.... is not going to be satisfied with a decent used one and be happy with the money one is charging for it.

best of luck in your search.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Honestly, a rewrapped one is just as good, if not better, than a factory one. There is a seller on eBay that sells them, and they look top notch. They are also significantly cheaper than an OE wheel. ☺️

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I want to replace mine precisely for the type of wear noted by slater. Also the leather is wearing away on the left side on the perforated section. Even though its a DD the car is in near perfect condition and the wheel is the only thing that looks a bit scruffy on the interior. Bugs me every time I see it. I know what they cost and also that they are NLA at BMW.

Also the recovered ones on E-bay have a couple of differences neither of which I like. The leather's different and the transition from perforated to non perforated is done differently than the original ZHP article.

I'll likely end up getting a COBY Alcantara wheel if my search for the leather ZHP wheel comes up short just to do something completely different.

Been a bit busy at work but will do a proper intro of myself on the forum this weekend. We are indeed in the GTA and have 2 ZHP's here at the office, mine and a sedan that one of our employees picked up in Thunder Bay a few weeks ago. Have driven all types of cars and the ZHP is one of my favs. Had it now for almost 6 years.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Welcome Paul, from another GTA mafia member....we're building a nice little contingent here. I actually just bought my car a couple months back, but have been 'lurking' on here for a while. Have yet to have the time to post proper pictures also.

Regarding the steering wheel, there's an '06 ZHP vert listed for sale on MaxBimmer by a guy in Toronto that has the perf leather wheel - you could always try contacting him and offer to trade him your wheel plus some cash on top. He could very well be interested since he's selling the car anyway, and it's more money in his pocket. The car looks to be in quite nice shape overall. Link: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172758

Funny you mention that silvergrey ZHP sedan from Thunder Bay that your co-worker bought. I was actually talking to the seller earlier this year...was seriously thinking about buying it, but was just waiting for the northern weather to get better on his reco. Ultimately I ended up finding a coupe locally in immaculate shape in the meantime that I couldn't pass up. I also wasn't huge on taking a flight up there just based on pics, and having to hope it was in the condition stated. Glad to hear it stayed in the community and in Canada though!

Gmas,

Small world isn't it? The guy in Thunder Bay turned out to be a super guy and after he sent us reams of photos, a video, and talked us through the car on the phone, we were pretty confident that it was worth the flight up. We were right. A really nice seller and a great car for a fair price. His wife even packed our buyer a full meal for the drive back to Toronto. Wouldn't it be great if it always went like that? I'll also follow up on the lead you provided me, thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Nice to see more GTA members pop up here. Kakashi169 (Daniel) and myself are from Toronto.

Maybe we can organize a 'mini-meet' sometime in July/August? Maybe a coffee run in the morning over one of the weekend?
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes