Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rub me Not

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Better check with the city on that plan. Would hate to see you get stuck with a bill for city workers to undue it.

I 2nd the steel plate idea. City shouldn't care because it won't hinder water flow and is technically temporary. In the heat the edge on the asphalt will dig in pretty quickly and the two corners of the side on your driveway can be secured with some anchor bolts.

If it snows there you might want to have some expanded metal welded on the top for traction.
    I was thinking about checking with the city before I start anything. Being that part of the problem is the street crown that they are responsible for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I always try to be responsible with advice to others but I don't always follow it myself either.

A couple of weeks ago, after a few beers and under the cover of darkness I topped of my neighbors trees that were blocking my view so yes, I often go with the idea that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    I love you for this..

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    To many toys to street park and the bridge is in my mind.

The real kicker here is the boat! The street dead ends two houses down and there is no turn around so, if I can't get the boat in the drive, I'll need to back it down an entire block. And if I don't have a place for it , back it back up the block to park it in front of the house.

Sometimes when you get stuck in a position where you dont have any really good alternatives like this one.. you may end up just having to do what a lot of people do with boats.... keep it at a boat yard??? sounds like you have a lot working against you wanting to keep the boat at the actual house and a boat yard albeit adding some additional costs for storage.... could help alleviate some added stress from dealing with not enough space, steep driveway, no easy turn around access.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Sometimes when you get stuck in a position where you dont have any really good alternatives like this one.. you may end up just having to do what a lot of people do with boats.... keep it at a boat yard??? sounds like you have a lot working against you wanting to keep the boat at the actual house and a boat yard albeit adding some additional costs for storage.... could help alleviate some added stress from dealing with not enough space, steep driveway, no easy turn around access.
    That's what we're thinking. Been spoiled for the last five years. Our current driveway is 23'+ wide with a tolerable incline and with the road to the boat ramp runs along our Back property line, it's all win.

If we would have done that for the new location, it would have been a 50+ min drive to work. Been looking into parking it or possibly rack storage but, they both come with a cost.

Brembo Rotor

I always try to be responsible with advice to others but I don't always follow it myself either.

A couple of weeks ago, after a few beers and under the cover of darkness I topped of my neighbors trees that were blocking my view so yes, I often go with the idea that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    Aahhh, love this spirit, grasshopper!

Maybe it's time for a new apron with a hump on it.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Lol William. Not surprised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

We've been in the new place for a little over a week. We talked to the last owner at closing and she told us about the driveway sweet spot. The wife has been ok going up in the 4 but, still having issues backing down. I will be adding some bag blacktop to the valley bottom, to see if that works.

On the truck, I removed the trailer hitch ball insert and it's better but, I've still made contact a few times.

Today I backed in with one of the last loads from the storage unit. I didn't rub but, I had another little issue. Twice!

Brembo Rotor

Rub me Not

Problem fixed! Called the city and they where out today to fix the issue. First tests worked well. They'll be back out next Tuesday to remove the 4x4s and will do more if needed. Great price too! $0.00.

Brembo Rotor

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Problem fixed! Called the city and they where out today to fix the issue. First tests worked well. They'll be back out next Tuesday to remove the 4x4s and will do more if needed. Great price too! $0.00.

Boom!

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast