Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    thank you

water got into the floorboard and permeated the sound deadening foam material underneath. entire interior was removed and remediated for water/mold damage. it did not impact any of the mechanical or electrical operations of the car, and insurance covered it minus whatever my deductible was (either 500 or 1000).

all things considered i was pretty lucky. lots of people lost their cars. that car had 9 lives, i just pushed it for 10 and we all know what happened :\
    i actually went to your car for some parts last month and man what did you hit? that car hit HARD in the front.

the guy that bought it bought it for the motor mainly knowing the car itself was bad lol but when he started pulling the motor out, he found out that the crank shaft got impacted as well as the frame rails and shock towers.

the Shift linkage was bent and the trans tunnel was also cracked and bent.

that car hit real hard.. how fast were you going?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

trust me i know how bad the accident was. i had a broken hip and have the hardware to remind me everyday.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Hi Wes, My name is Joe. When I was looking for an OG, I remember contemplating yours but I remember the PO wasn't really willing to budge on the price and shipping from texas to NY was going to put it out of my price range. I just want to say my heart sank when I read about all of the repairs you had to go through. I bought my car from Philly and went through the same motions you did- I got the ppi done, spoke to the guy who did it, and even spoke to the shop thats been doing the maintenance on the car since my PO first got it. Needless to say, what I thought were going to be around $700 in fixes, turned into $1800. I know it's no where near what you had gone through but, this should be a testament to all prospective e46 owners that they should really make sure they've budgeted for the fixes.
    Funny story- after I got the car back, my wife and I had a trip planned for cape cod. The shop had told me that I had a small bubble on the front passenger side tire. I told them I'd dress it when we got back. 30 minutes into the drive I hit a pot hole on i95. Car was fine, still drove straight. We get to CC, and when I got out and saw the front drivers side tire, I almost lost my lunch. To think that I was driving at 80 mph for about 4 hours on that bubble made me sick. So basically we arranged to get two new front tire put on at a local ire shop and we skipped any fancy restaurants. These cars get you one way or another.

But, I just did a paint correction this past weekend. And let me tell you, after seeing this car gleaming in the sun, it was all worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement Joe. I also had considered your car but same boat with shipping cross-country. Sorry to hear you had issues as well.

I do plan on a full paint correction and know that will make me feel better about the cars condition...

Update: today I did the license plate delete strip mod. Looks much better. Need to paint lower grille now.

Also have a brand new alcantara shift Knob and new center console and cup holder. Someday I'll get to those items. In the middle of packing and moving after our house flooded...good news is the new place has a garage! I haven't had a garage in over 3 years so needless to say I'm stoked.
    --Wes--

Update: mileage = 167,4xx

today I got a Eurocharge tune flashed to the green machine. Initial reaction is pretty positive. Seems to pull harder and better throttle response. Thanks to Seth for the family pricing hookup!
    --Wes--

Sweet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

hope all is well and not too much loss or damage has happened with you man. good to hear about the new stuff. Lower grill paint will look so much better!
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Thanks Sean! We are past the painful part of the flood. Moved into our new townhouse this week and I have a garage! Yay.

Going to try to sneak in the installation of new alcantara shift knob, center console, cupholder tray and auxiliary input this weekend. Then the next project will be to tackle the cluster issue. Painting lower grill will come after that followed by a full paint correction and door ding removal. Lots to do!
    --Wes--

Update 10/7/17

Mileage: 168,xxx

- New fogs installed - standard non-fluted OEM style. Much better than the pitted and mismatched ones that were on previously.
    - new center tray console and cup holder tray installed. previous one was all scratched and that section of the interior now looks much better.
    - AUX Cable Input DIY routed through center console, shifter area and up through the parking brake. I really did not want to drill any holes so this is my compromise.
    - Pedal Box installed. forgot how much of a PITA that gas pedal is to get off. took me a good 20 minutes of sweating and cursing. really enjoy the PB and improved throttle response.
    - Lower mesh grille replaced finally. i was having fitment problems with the aftermarket Khoalty piece, but i believe that's because it was designed to fit the aftermarket Khoalty bumper, which i did not install. so i ordered the OE BMW part and it fit much better. i should have ordered a new bracket because now all i notice is the greyed bracket on the edges lol.

i also got the car professionally detailed and CQuartz applied. it has plenty of paint imperfections (sub-clear scratches, paint chips, etc) but almost all swirls were removed and now it has that beautiful wet gloss. i paid $450 out the door and overall am pretty happy with the job. they did leave some water spots on the windows so i used some Hybrid V7 to buff those out of the glass. car looks good now!

a few pics:

Last edited by webster; 10-08-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    --Wes--

Looks great

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast